VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Benser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys.

Sorry, I did search before making this post but got nothing I seemed able to use so I hope I'm not being horrible and repeatative by creating such a topic. Also hope that this isn't innappropriately placed, however I don't doubt you get alot of assist calls for people to do with Gildos, DOSBox and TR and UB for both aswell. Hope this isn't inconvenient or generally fail of me.

Running Win7 64 bit.

Bought Tomb Raider Collection (games 1-6) and instead Tomb Raider Original for Glidos. Then downloaded DOSBox and Glidos, installed both.

Ran Tomb Raider with glidos, unlocked VDos32. Got an error from VDos32; ZwSetLdtEntries returned 0x000002. (Afaik, this is a 64bit problem ue to VDos not supporting 64bit)

Changed DOS setting to DOSBox, Glidos could not find DOSBox installed. Cut and paste DOSBox directory to Glidos directory and renamed folder DOSBox from DOSBox-7.xx (whatever the version was).

Tomb Raider now boots under DOSBox via glidos fine, but it doesn't get far before; FATAL ERROR: unable to load DLL.

I'm lost now, help? I don't even know what can't find it's DLL, TR or Dosbox or what.

Reply 3 of 6, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Benser wrote:

Hi guys.

Sorry, I did search before making this post but got nothing

I guess your searching didn't include the the Glidos download page at http://www.glidos.net/download.html. 😀

You need a special version of DOSBox to run with Glidos. There's a link to it on the Glidos download page.

You did most everything else right. You just need that special version of Glidos.

Reply 4 of 6, by Benser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Glidos wrote:
I guess your searching didn't include the the Glidos download page at http://www.glidos.net/download.html. :happy: […]
Show full quote
Benser wrote:

Hi guys.

Sorry, I did search before making this post but got nothing

I guess your searching didn't include the the Glidos download page at http://www.glidos.net/download.html. 😀

You need a special version of DOSBox to run with Glidos. There's a link to it on the Glidos download page.

You did most everything else right. You just need that special version of Glidos.

I meant forum search for relevant threads, but I did fail to find dosbox for glidos anywhere. However no avail to getting tr actually working 😀 it has no sound and crashed after the opening cutscene after starting a new game. I might try running it through glidos for better resolution and try improved graphics from that site that provides such things if I try that dosbox for glidos, but im happy playing anniversary for now really, just wanted to know the story 😀

Reply 6 of 6, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Benser wrote:

Wow I really suck, DBfG is right there next to 64bit stuff, go me 😀

thanks again

Or the page isn't set out well. It needs to be really clear for people that are in a hurry. Maybe putting the 64bit stuff before the main download would help.