VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by brambo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hey everyone... I read the faq about the healthbar not showing up under glidos. I put up the latest version of glidos and vdmsound and the game plays fine.

... but no healthbar.

don't really understand why the "full TR1" screen wouldn't be in the glidos window regardless of the resolution. that's how it would be in a native implementation? can you guys explain...

.... I did set the glidos and my desktop resolution on my lcd panel to the same setting. I chose 1024x768. the glidos window resizes to cover just about the whole screen... but it's still a "window" you can grab it by the blue bar at the top.
.... is there an esc or Fkey setting that will make the glidos window truly "full screen". many thanks.

Reply 1 of 4, by brambo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

sorry forgot.. running xpsp3 with all patches and directx 9.0c. I enabled the openGL driver and it runs smoother. game plays fine at about 30fps. glidos is v147 and vdmsound is v204. the healthbar is the only problem I have..

Reply 2 of 4, by brambo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

okay guys... I see what the problem is. maybe the glidos guy could help.

the healthbar shows up on the top left of the screen even when the game window is smaller than full screen (i.e. game resolution 1024x768, lcd panel res 1920x1200). this is just as I thought it should be (see original msg).

the problem is the FPS rate is defaulted as "ON". the health from the TR1 game never repaints because the FSP RATE (FPS 30 for example) paints over the health bar.

the game doesn't repaint the health bar unless something changes in the state of the health bar as it should. but one second right after the game repaints the health bar the frame changes in the game and FPS 30 etc paints it out.

the FPS rate needs to be in a spot different than the upper left hand corner. its making the game unplayable. or the FPS rate needs to toggle with F2 and the default when the game is started FPS rate is turned "OFF".

that way if I want to check the game FPS rate I can check it knowing I'll lose the healthbar readout (I'll just turn off the FPS close the game out and restart..)

* so who can turn off "FPS rate" by default when the TR1 game starts up. this is the only thing keeping me from playing the game. with no healthbar its unplayable.

hope you guys have some ideas. sorry no one troubleshot this before. I read the dialog. sometimes things can be really simple. my drivers are find I have a P4M and a GEforce 4X card 64MB. its does direct draw and open GL fine.

I thought it wasn't a driver issue... so is it a glidos setting or a game setting that puts up FPS 30 by default???

thanks in advance... looking forward to playing this game again.

Reply 4 of 4, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Good. Glad you managed to sort it out.

If you are using a wide screen laptop, or monitor, then you might want to use Direct3D mode, and then check the option "Inhibit mode change". That will avoid a short fat Lara.