VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've now changed Glidos http://www.glidos.net so that it takes over all the graphics of TR1, including the FMV sequences. This means that TR1 never has to enter fullscreen DOS mode, which as far as I know was the cause of the G-Force 2 problems.

The changes only affect TR1 running under Windows NT, 2000 or XP. Glidos also brightens up the FMVs, and if you run Glidos in a window, then the FMVs run windowed too - again only for NT/2000/XP

Reply 1 of 3, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What was the G-Force 2 problem? I've been reading the GliDOS digests, but haven't seen much regarding it. (Perhaps it's an old problem?)

And, um, do you mean G-Force 2 or GeForce2?

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 2 of 3, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ah, I mean GeForce2 don't I. A lot of people on the Tomb Raider Chronicles forum complained of not being able to make Tomb Raider 1 work, with or without Glidos, on their GF2's. I think some nVidia drivers don't handle fullscreen DOS very well. Certainly there was one version I used with my GF3 that would reset my computer as soon as I put a DOS box in fullscreen mode. I think there's a problem with some ATI drivers too, in that when you go out of DOS fullscreen mode, everything is scrambled.

Anyway, Glidos now handles the VESA side of TR too, so there shouldn't be a way for graphic cards drivers to avoid working.

Reply 3 of 3, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

nVidia releasing BAD drivers? Whoa, that's news to me! I assume everyone has the latest Detonator drivers [v30.82]? (Just as a note, upgrading my video drivers fixed a problem with DosBox displaying with a strange blue overlay over everything.)

Yes, it’s my fault.