VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by XPM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

1a,

- I have both Windows XP and Windows 7 installed. Does my purchased license work on both operating systems?

1b,

- In case if a hdd dies and needs to be replaced, will it be enough for me to redownload GLIDos and re-enter the unlock code that I recieved in my mail?

2a,

- Carmageddon in Direct3D mode is giving me headaches.
See attachment.
-

System Specs:

AMD 955 BE Quad core @ 3.2 GHZ
ATI 5770 in crossfire.
Catalyst 10.7
4GB 1600 MHZ DDR3 RAM.
Currently on Windows XP Pro with service pack 3.
If any other specs are needed, be free to ask.
Tried different options in the control panel and within GLIDos.

Thanks for your time and for a fantastic product.
10 $ well spent.

Attachments

• Filename
    Problem.JPG
    File size
    91.11 KiB
    Downloads
    292 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 10, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

1a. Yes, you now are licenced for all OSes that Glidos supports.

1b. The unlock service will allow you to unlock more than one computer. It's limited to initially 2, plus one is added each 6 months. But that isn't a hard limit. You can contact me at any time if you run out.

1c. I think that's the current state of the Direct3D mode at the moment. You may have to swap to OpenGL for that game.

Reply 2 of 10, by XPM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions.

I have a two more questions if you have the time..

1a,

-Is there a possibility for a Direct3D fix in the near future? Is it being worked on?

1b,

-What number would you suggest I use under "PIT Timing" (Carmageddon) according to my system specs?

Thanks 😀 Sorry for my (if there is any) bad english and perhaps bad setup.
It's my third language.

Reply 5 of 10, by XPM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Any chance for added 16:9 support in resolutions?
I know this is a far stretch, but it's a fair question 😀

On another note...Snowy levels kept crashing for me so I did the editing of ice.txt

But now, the pit stop level keeps crashing (hang) after about 2 minutes of play. Any tips?

Final question..
Are there any downloadable carmageddon texture packs out there?

Ps:

Ingame direct3d mode (triangles are gone) struggles with transparancy issues...but you probably already know that 😀

Thank you for your patience 😀
GliDOS is a masterpiece for sure.

Been trailing the net for solutions for years before I finally caved in and bought glidos.
I'm not a cheapshot, but I like to know about what alternatives are out there before I buy something.
Nothing even comes close to GliDos.
How you did it, only you know 😀

Reply 7 of 10, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
XPM wrote:

Any chance for added 16:9 support in resolutions?
I know this is a far stretch, but it's a fair question 😀

It's there to the degree it is possible. The games themselves produce the triangles to draw. Glidos just renders them. The games produce triangles for a 4:3 area. If you cut a 16:9 subarea out of that you lose important parts of the display. The only alternative is to produce black side bars, which is what you get if you select "Inhibit mode change"...

... hmmm, which is available only with Direct3D supported: ok I see your problem. I will need to look into the Direct3D problems.

On another note...Snowy levels kept crashing for me so I did the editing of ice.txt

But now, the pit stop level keeps crashing (hang) after about 2 minutes of play. Any tips?

These crashes are from the game itself. Nothing I can suggest really. I wasn't aware of problems with the pit stop levels. The program might be more stable running under DOSBox. You could try downloading my special version of DOSBox and then select that as the DOS emulation in Glidos's setup. But you might find that doesn't run as smoothly.

Final question..
Are there any downloadable carmageddon texture packs out there?

Not that I know of. I'm not sure the feature build into Glidos works for Carmageddon. You could try setting the texture support to "Capture" and see if you get anything.

Ps:

Ingame direct3d mode (triangles are gone) struggles with transparancy issues...but you probably already know that 😀

To be honest, I wasn't aware of it being that bad. I do need to give it another look.

Thank you for your patience :) GliDOS is a masterpiece for sure. […]
Show full quote

Thank you for your patience 😀
GliDOS is a masterpiece for sure.

Been trailing the net for solutions for years before I finally caved in and bought glidos.
I'm not a cheapshot, but I like to know about what alternatives are out there before I buy something.
Nothing even comes close to GliDos.
How you did it, only you know 😀

Thanks for your kind works. Good to know people are still finding it useful.

Reply 8 of 10, by gidierre

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Glidos wrote:

The only alternative is to produce black side bars, which is what you get if you select "Inhibit mode change"...hmmm, which is available only with Direct3D supported

but even as one doesn't use the "Inhibit mode change" feature (I for one don't use it) it should always be possible to go 4:3 on 16:9 or 16:10 ie pillarboxed just by selecting the aspect ratio/no scaling option in the gfx card driver's control panel, ati or nvidia or whatever it is.

We often forgive those who bore us, but we cannot forgive those whom we bore. (La Rochefoucauld)