VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by AustinRover

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have just bought Glidos and have TR1 working nicely on Win7 64-bit with DOSBox.

I was wondering, though, is it possible to reconfigure DOSBox so that rather than mounting the actual CD drive it mounts a CD image instead? I know this is possible with DOSBox, but I can't see where the Glidos DOSBox is getting its startup/autoexec config from.

I would like to play the game without having the physical CD in the drive of my laptop all the time.

Thanks,

AR

Reply 1 of 12, by AustinRover

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's OK, I figured out how to do it. After a bit of delving I found that the startup commands are hard-coded in glidos.exe.

In c:\program files (x86)\glidos\ there's a minimal dosbox.conf. I added the following to it:

[autoexec]
imgmount e c:\path\to\cdimage.cue -t iso

Luckily this runs before the hard-coded startup parameters so that when Glidos issues "mount e f:\ -t cdrom" it just fails with an error message about drive letters.

Reply 3 of 12, by ShinobiNinja

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I know this thread is very old but I can't get AustinRover's method to work.
I use Glidos 1.50 and attaching the command to the dosbox configuration file seems to have no effect as the CD is still required and the commands in the dosbox windows are still the same as always.

Reply 5 of 12, by ShinobiNinja

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the answer but I still can't get this to work.
Could you please help me?
How would the .bat file or the dosbox.conf have to look If I had my image C:\TOMBENG.iso?
Help would be very appreciated, as I'm not that skilled with those things.

Reply 6 of 12, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ah, I replied without looking through the previous posts and my advice was based on another way around the problem. Have a look at the Glidos facebook group where the other method is mentioned.

Reply 8 of 12, by gidierre

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ShinobiNinja wrote:

How would the .bat file or the dosbox.conf have to look If I had my image C:\TOMBENG.iso?

use cue/bin format
an iso won't do (unless you don't mind missing cdaudio tracks rendering)

We often forgive those who bore us, but we cannot forgive those whom we bore. (La Rochefoucauld)

Reply 9 of 12, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here's a guess at the bat file you need. You need Glidos running, but don't use Glidos's "Start Game" button.

Attachments

• Filename
    StartTR.zip
    File size
    258 Bytes
    Downloads
    488 downloads
    File comment
    BAT file that might with luck start TR from an iso and run it through Glidos
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 12 of 12, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ShinobiNinja wrote:

There's an error message saying "Illegal command: D:\Program." when I use the .bat file.

Ok right. Try the new one attached below. It also has some changes because you are using 64bit Windows. It may still not work, but maybe we will get there eventually.

Can't you somehow implement a cd image function into Glidos?

Yes, hopefully when I can find some spare time. Indeed, these tests may help towards that eventual goal.

Attachments

• Filename
    StartTR.zip
    File size
    267 Bytes
    Downloads
    474 downloads
    File comment
    Another attempt at a .bat file for using Glidos with a CD image
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception