First post, by Tanyrhiew
Just discovered Glidos by chance while searching for a working wrapper for RB3D. Glidos (or am i correct in saying that its the updated versionof OpenGlide?) works 99%.
Problems I've noticed so far are :
- resolution only goes upto 800x600.
- you need to reset your desktop resolution to the resoultion you whish to play at.
- tringles in ground textures appear at low levels (maybe realted to the 2mb texture limit that RB2 has)
- At low level graphic corruption at low levels - cockpit graphics remain OK but external graphics temporarily to be replaced by a solid green screen - difficult to explain wo screenshot but its llivable with as it only occurs for a fraction of a second.
- Slewable cockpit alpha broblem. Alpha is not done correctly - guns texture have no transparency
- Occasional slowdown but soon dissappears
Tested on Athlon 900, 512MB RAM, Geforce 3 Ti200 (Dets 40.41) and win2k (sp2). DX8.1
All in all very encouraging!
Would you be interested in ironing out the few problems listed above (The game is extremely playable using Glidos at present - just that these niggles need ironing out).
Worth checking the SWWISA forum on delphi (I'll post there) (link obtainable from http://www.swwisa.net).
RB3d running on Geforce cards is the holy grail for a large number of Flight SIm fans - Please help 😀
PS - excuse the poor typing