VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by karaknic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

I've been banging my head over this for a while now and can't seem to find a solution.

The problem is after I've installed the pre-made GliDOS files for TR1 and install + activate VDOS32 I then go on to start the game from GliDOS and it comes up with an error window for VDOS32 saying

"Failed to open file (Path to Tomb.exe) -- set "PATH=(path to GLiDOS
)""

I thought it might be windows stopping the access of stuff on the C: drive, so I moved all program files (for GliDOS and VDOS32) and TR1 files on another drive, but same problem persists.

Running the game straight with VDOS32 using the different TR1 pack works fine, but obviously it's windowed and graphics are blocky.

Thanks

Reply 3 of 5, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ok, my guess is that somehow Glidos is making use of an old version of VDos32, because that error message suggests VDos32 doesn't understand the --set option (I assume the error contained "--set" not "-- set"). Not sure how that would happen, but perhaps you have an old version of VDos32 installed somewhere on the Windows PATH, or perhaps you've needed to overwrite the version of VDos32 that comes with Glidos.

Reply 4 of 5, by karaknic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Right-o I see what's happened. I followed the guide from tombraiders and downloaded VDOS32 from an external link and replaced the one from the Glidos installation.

I simply reinstalled Glidos, left its own VDOS32 in and now it's all working prefect. Thanks!!

😊 😁 😊