VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by VLC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm asking if theres a listing, with maybe notes on how much theyre improved.

Star Treking...
Trekdom.jpg

Reply 2 of 7, by Carrera

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Based on the number of posts I've seen I would so most of the older Tomb raider games and Cramageddon (spelling?) plus those mentioned on Paul's site.
A "supported games" list is on Snover's page but it is general and not GliDOS specific.

Reply 4 of 7, by VLC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Snover wrote:

You can sort by GliDOS support 😀

But what does that mean???

ALSO

ive got some old games like duke nukem 3d, doom 1, quake 1, an descent 1, + terminal velocity, which arent mentioned on the main glidos site, but....being that coding is sometimes similar, could glidos improve other unlisted games??

Reply 6 of 7, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There's a Glide/Windows version of Descent 1 which you can run using just OpenGLide, but you are better off using D1X.

None of the others are Glide/DOS either, and each has source ports. See jdoom and glquake

Reply 7 of 7, by VLC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Glidos wrote:

None of the others are Glide/DOS either, and each has source ports. See jdoom and glquake

Thanx for the 2 last posts but, as i'm new to this arena, ive some more queries....

1. do i assume that the list i got to 2 posts above, i consult to see what games can be viewed better, an is that the best/fullest/most update listing?

2. what is jdoom an glquake?

3. how can i check if my pc has the h/w to utilise all this new tech stuff i'm learning about off this nice forum here 😀

4. what are 'source ports'?

5. wheres the best place to download the fancy s/w that helps enhance old games?

sorry to ask but this is all new to me 🙁