VOGONS

Common searches

Upgrading Glidos

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Raideoul

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been using Glidos for several years. I'm using v 1.44, i think i could upgrade to latest version, but i have a few questions:
Do i have to unlock glidos again?, because i'm out of keys (i think). Also i had troubles with glidos on vista that you solved sending me a different .exe, so i'm afraid this will happen again. Thanks

Reply 1 of 3, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You may be able to reuse the Authority.txt file from your current setup.

• Copy the authority.txt file out of your Glidos folder, to the desktop (say).

Also copy out the audio pack and texture pack, if you have them.

Delete the Glidos folder.

Install the new version of Glidos.

Copy back the authority.txt file, audio pack and textures to the newly install Glidos folder.

If that doesn't work then you will need to unlock again, but you wont need to pay. Just send your email address to me via a PM and I'll increase your unlock allocation.

The changes made for the special exe I sent you, should have been rolled into the main version by now.

Reply 3 of 3, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That's good. Thanks for letting me know.

I should also mention: the fact that reuse of the authority.txt file worked means that your GlidosID hasn't changed, and hence you would have been able to unlock using the unlock service without using a new allocation. I'm just mentioning that in case you upgrade again and lose the authority.txt file.