VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by own3mall

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My question is similar to this topic, I think:

Mounting CD with Glidos v1.49 and Glidos' Custom DOSBox

How do I mount a specific CD Drive to DosBox? Trying to play D (PC Horror), and it needs the CD, but I can't point to it using Glidos. Is there a way I can link Glidos to the correct CD drive?

Let me know.

Reply 1 of 8, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Not sure I completely understand the question, but here's an attempt to answer. 😁

In the case of TR I, it is important that the correct CD is mounted. In the Glidos "Game Details" for TR I, under "Executable", there's a path given in "Path to CD check file". Glidos looks for that path under each CD drive and then mounts the one where it finds it.

Reply 3 of 8, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
own3mall wrote:

I don't know which file is the check CD file. I selected a random file, and the drive is mounted, but the game says that it wants me to insert disc 1, which is already mounted...

There's no particular correct file to check for. If you chose a random one and the drive was mounted then you've done exactly the right thing. But I've no idea why you then get the message from the game. What happens running the game in software mode directly under DOSBox?

Reply 5 of 8, by Ryu_Battousai

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't think so. I'm using a virtual drive via Daemon Tools too and it works fine (with Tomb Raider).

The only thing I had to do was removing all removable mediums and to fill any unused CD drive.

Maybe that helps for you?

Reply 6 of 8, by own3mall

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've got 5 CD devices. 2 are real and 3 are virtual drives. 2 of the virtual drives are from daemon tools while the other virtual drive is from UltraISO.

I can't get this game to see the CD. I can send you the game D (Acclaim) if you'd like.