VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by mr_zen256

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been out of the loop for a while and decided to check how development for Glidos and DosBox has been going.

I was very surprised to hear that Glidos has been implemented to work with DosBox! I've been wanting to get 3DFX Carmageddon working in a Win 7 64bit environment for quite some time and it sounds like the DosBox + Glidos combo would be the best solution. Any comments on how Carma runs with DB & Glidos would be much appreciated.

Does Glidos still crash on certain levels of Carmageddon?

How does this implementation work? Does Glidos come with a patch or is it downloaded separately?

Are there any alternatives that are currently better than the DB + Glidos combo?

Reply 1 of 1, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The best bet is to try it out. You need to install Glidos, plus the special version of DOSBox. Both are here. You can try it without unlocking: you just have to put up with the Glidos logo spinning around.

The crashes on certain levels was the 3dfx version of the game crashing, not Glidos crashing, so that wont have changed, but there are fixes explained in this forum, involving editing some of the model files.