VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 32, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Some of the cut scenes aren't FMVs, they are animated 3D. I can't remember which are which. What about the Core logo when you first start the game. Does that play?

It might be that I've missed a file in the pack. During the missed movie, does a message appear in the Glidos dialog - something like

Open atlant.avi

?

Reply 21 of 32, by Susan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When I first start the game, it goes directly to the menu with the game book, sound control, etc. are in a circle that can be rotated and opened.

This is what is on the Glidos screen when Sancturary of the Scion ends and the "movie" does not play:

Starting Glide Server v1.49 (c) Paul Gardiner 2001-2008
VESA mode 0x101
VESA mode 0x101
Open core.avi
Open core.avi
Play FMV
WinClose
VESA mode 0x110
VESA cmd 4F07, 0, 0, 0
Open escape.avi
Open escape.avi
Play FMV
WinClose
VESA mode 0x110
VESA cmd 4F07, 0, 0, 0
Open cafe.avi
Open cafe.avi
Play FMV
WinClose
VESA mode 0x110
VESA cmd 4F07, 0, 0, 0
VESA mode 0x101
Resolution = 640x480
Refresh rate = 60Hz
Color format = ARGB
Number of color buffers = 2
Number of aux buffers = 1
Resolution = 640x480
Refresh rate = 60Hz
Color format = ARGB
WinClose
Open canyon.avi
Open canyon.avi
Play FMV
WinClose
VESA mode 0x110
VESA cmd 4F07, 0, 0, 0
Resolution = 640x480
Refresh rate = 60Hz
Color format = ARGB
Resolution = 640x480
Refresh rate = 60Hz
Color format = ARGB
GlideShutdown

Reply 23 of 32, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Did you install the Windows Essential Codec Pack? Sorry, I should have mentioned that before, but I had some recollection of it's being mentioned already, although I can't see anyhthing in the thread now.

Reply 25 of 32, by Susan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't have the recommended Pentium Pro/Athlon processor or higher (SSE-capable CPU recommended). I have a 3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4, and I don't know if it is SSE capable (how would I find that out?). Will that matter? I don't want to download/install it if my computer doesn't support it.

Reply 27 of 32, by Susan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Downloaded/installed Windows Essential Codec. Made no difference. No movie played at the end of Sancturary of the Scion (went directly to next level), or at the end of the Great Pyramid (the game just ended and then the Glide Server and DosBox boxes popped up on my desktop).

Reply 28 of 32, by Susan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Update: problem fixed. I decided to play UB. When the game started, a box popped up asking if I wanted to use ffdshow. I selected to use it once. The Core logo appeared, and the game appeared to play just fine. So I went back to TR. This time the box popped up (it didn't the first time I tried it after installing the Windows Codec). I chose to use ffdshow always. The Core logo appeared and all that. I went to Sancturary of the Scion and the movie played at the end. Same thing with the Great Pyramid. So it appears that Windows Codec works on my computer afterall, and fixed this perplexing problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reply 30 of 32, by Susan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, it is a bit weird. If it hadn't popped up when I began UB, I wouldn't have gone back to TR for a good while as I had finished the game. I'm a happy camper now. Thank you one last time for your help.