VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by TeamMinaj

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok so i downloaded Glidos for Tomb Raider 1 and installed everything correctly.. only problem is when i click to play tomb raider it says the E: drive is empty put something in it anything will do.. well how do i put something in the E drive?

(i have my TR1 CD inserted BTW)

Reply 1 of 6, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It depends on what E: is. If it's another CD drive then put any CD in it. If it's a Flash drive, you need to stick a flash memory module in it.

It would be better if the drive you are putting the TR CD in, used a lower drive letter. On Windows 7, you can change drive letters for drives by going to

ControlPanel
=>SystemAndSecturity
=>AdministrativeTools
=>ComputerManagement
=>Storage
=>DiskManagement

There you can right click on any drive and change its properties, including which drive letter it used.

Probably better still would be if I changed Glidos to make that message only a warning. It certainly used to be an important check when TR was being run directly under Windows, but it may not be so important when running the game via VDos32 or DOSBox.

Reply 2 of 6, by TeamMinaj

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

E is another CD drive.. and i only have 1 cd slot so how could i? i tried mounting something in it with daemon tools which worked but then it said now the D drive is empty.. which is ANOTHER cd drive. and The CD is using the lowest letter which is F cause the other ones are D and E.

EDIT- i just turned off the other drives but now when i click start game it says dosbox not found.. isent glidos installed with dos box? cause on the site it says to click the option for dos box in the DOS tab.. so why is it saying that? plus i do have dos box installed separately on my computer.

BTW i have windows vista 32 bit.

Reply 3 of 6, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sorry this is so much hassle, but you are nearly there.

For 32bit versions of Windows, you can select VDos32 rather than DOSBox. Should all work then.

If you do want to use DOSBox, then you need to install a special version. It wont mess up your other installation of DOSBox. The spectial version can be found on the download page of the Glidos site - the same page from which you downloaded Glidos.

Reply 4 of 6, by TeamMinaj

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks it works now but theres more problems.. when theres an FMV the home screen music plays during it... and also im trying to use a controller for it.. its set up just like a play station controller.. it works when i have joy2key open but when i try to assign buttons for it in the control options in the game when i try to assign a button it freezes..

Reply 5 of 6, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Downloading the audio pack and setting Glidos to use that should fix the theme music playing over the FMV.

The freezing in the key setup screen may be a problem specific to VDos32. Can joy2key not assign to the default keys? If not, you may need to download the special version of DOSBox from the Glidos download page, and set Glidos to use that, if only just while setting up the keys.

Reply 6 of 6, by TeamMinaj

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i fixed the controller problem.. but the audio problem is still a mess.. i did download the audio pack and i have it set to use the audio pack and it still does it..

but looks like i wont be playing Tr with Glidos anyway cause i cant buy it i dont have a credit card =/ i knew it was too good to be true.