VOGONS

Common searches

For nostalgicians: If you miss "escape"-Clip using FMV-Pack - here it is!!

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Mart

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey,

at first, I would like to say a big THANK YOU to all the people who keep the original TR playable up until today, GREAT job, it's highly appreciated!!😊

It's really cool, to use the FMV-Pack to play the PC-Version with the better resolution of the Playstation1-Video-sequences.

Maybe some noticed, that the small "Escape-Video-decoding"-Clip is missing during startup. That is maybe (correctly) wanted by the Glidos-developer, because with the new FMV-Pack-Higher-Quality-Playstation-Version it is of course NOT the "escape"-compressing used anymore..
But I always felt, there's something missing after the "CORE-Design"-Logo while playing on PC, so.... here it is, I did it! The small "Escape"-sequence (only 269 KB size) is avaliable to be copied to Glidos' FMV-folder. 😁
It's the old (crappy) quality from the original CD of course, but if you place that "ESCAPE.AVI"-File in the FMV's section, it will be played at the right time as it should in the original game.
Please DON't delete the File "DUMMY.RPL" in the FMV-folder, which is a replacement for that "Escape"-sequence, because that will end up in an error-message. Just copy "ESCAPE.AVI" additionally into the FMV-Folder as it is, and the sequence will be played as it was in the original PC-game.. 😀

For the curious: I've just used that ESCAPE.RPL from the original PC edition and converted it into an AVI using the same codec as the other AVIs are, that's it. It works.
Now, the nostalgic PC-gaming retro-feeling is complete...
Happy Raiding... and hugs to all fans of this GREAT game!! 😀

Download "ESCAPE.AVI" (only 269 KB !!!!) here (page in german, just click the "Download"-button): http://www.file-upload.net/download-3721125/ESCAPE.AVI.html