HI,

Need help. Please see below. Thanks

* Motherboard: Abit IS7
* Processor type and speed: Intel P4, 2.4 ghz
* Amount and type of RAM: 2048 Mbytes, DDR
* Video board w/ RAM amount and type: Asus AH3450, 512 Mbytes, DDR
* Sound board: Philips Acoustic Edge
* Operating system: Windows XP Pro
* Game name: Glidos 1.49, Tombraider I, VDM Sound 2.0.4, VDos 32.
* Description of problem: Everything worked fine until I changed my OS from Windows XP Home to XP Pro about three months ago. There have been no hardware changes. Initially it worked fine. I haven't played the game for about two months until this past weekend. I started everything as usual and the spinning logo was back. Everything I tried didn't work to include completely deleting everything and reinstallling. As a last resort I registered again (third time). After I installed the new ID everything worked again without the spinning logo until the computer was restarted and I was back with the spinning logo. I have no idea what is going on. I've tried reinstalling the ID again but it doesn't get rid of the logo. Can you help?
* Reproducibility of problem: NA
* Sound mode used: Audio Pack, FMV Pack. Not sure what you mean by sound mode.
* Video mode: Direct 3D
* Version of emulator: VDM Sound 2.0.4
* Steps already attempted to solve the problem: Deleted everything, reinstalled Glidos, VDM, and Tomb Raider, and reinstalled ID, obtained New ID. Nothing works.

Reply 1 of 4, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You shouldn't have to pay again, just for an OS change. You just need to unlock again, using your existing account. You may run out of unlocks, but I can add more when needed.

As for the recurrence of the logo. Is your Glidos ID changing between reboots? That has happened in the past with the older versions of Glidos. Perhaps it can still happen in some cases with the latest version, and I'll need to fix it.

Reply 2 of 4, by rebdnsouth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Glidos wrote:

You shouldn't have to pay again, just for an OS change. You just need to unlock again, using your existing account. You may run out of unlocks, but I can add more when needed.

As for the recurrence of the logo. Is your Glidos ID changing between reboots? That has happened in the past with the older versions of Glidos. Perhaps it can still happen in some cases with the latest version, and I'll need to fix it.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm not certain if the ID is changing or not, but I don't think it is. If it continues to happen I will make note and let you know. Hopefully we can get this resoved. Thanks again.

Reply 3 of 4, by rebdnsouth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here we go again. A couple of weeks ago I had to replace my hard drive. I reinstalled Glidos with a new unlock code and it seemed to work fine untill yesterday. The spinning logo is back. I reinstalled the unlock code, but that didn't solve the problem. This morning I deleted Glidos, reinstalled and was going to unlock with a new code, but my allocation is used up. If you could add another I would appreciate it. I don't understand why this keeps happening. My system configuration is the same except the hard drive (C). Thanks, appreciate it.