VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by LiveSteamMad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I had Tomb Raider Unfinished Business working just fine last night, including my XBOX 360 gamepad controller working with JoytoKey, all functions just like on my PS1, and NO Spinning Logo, since I paid last night for the unlock code.

Now the darned Spinning Logo is back today, with no explanation. The key code still appears to be accepted by GLIDOS 1.5 as last night, but when I close and restart GLIDOS the spinning logo IS STILL THERE 😠 when it wasn't there last night.

The only thing that happened in the meantime was that I was downloading a 45 GB file in Utorrent and my PC was using the HDD a lot and stopped responding, like what happens when the file becomes fragmented. So I had to switch it off and back on again without shutting down.

Then I was prompted for Windows Activation! (also I had installed Alcohol 120 and was using Daemon tools and a PS1 emulator, so it may have not liked the "changes" to my PC as regards Virtual disks etc.).

So I rebooted, repaired the HDD with the WinXP tool, defragged the HDD completely, and when I came to try TRUB the spinning logo was back!

What's going on and how do I fix it? I paid my 6 GBP (10 USD) to get rid of the logo!

PS. If it helps, the installation that I used for GLIDOS / TRUB didn't work the first time. I had to download a different package (the one that puts an icon for "Tomb Raider" and another icon for "Unfinished Business" on your desktop) and manually point GLIDOS to C:\Program Files\Core Design\Tomb Raider\tombub.exe and configure GLIDOS with ;-

Name: Unfinished Business
Executable: C:\Program Files\Core Design\Tomb Raider\tombub.exe
ExeSizes: 867563, 868075
CDCheckFile: DATA\LEVEL10C.PHD
Driver: OpenGL
ManagedTextures: No
DosGraphics: Yes
VESASupport: No
ControlJudderFix: 1
Resolution: 3
FullScreen: Yes
GammaAdjustment: 1.20
RedbookEmulation: CD
DosEmulation: Windows

(when I checked GLIDOS's INI file). ONLY then did it work. The original tombub.exe that I had in C:\TOMBRAID did NOT work as it kept giving an error message of "FATAL ERROR : Unable to load missing DLL file" IIRC.

Just really bugging me that I had it all working without the logo and now I get the spinning logo back again.

I had all the audio working also, including the CD "tunes" (I had the Sold Out version of TR and so needed to add the audio tracks to a new CD-R of it).

My PC is WinXP Home Premium with latest updates, Norton IS2011, 2GB Kingston RAM @ 666MHz, 250GB Seagate SATA HDD, NVidia 8600GT (mild overclock, completely stable), Intel E5200 CPU (mild overclock of clock and FSB, completely stable), Toshiba / Samsung 223C DVD drive, Asus P5N73AM mobo.

Help would be great.

Cheers,

Alistair G,

Reply 1 of 3, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, all that fiddling with Windows could do it. You should find that the GlidisoID has changed (start Glidos and click the "Glidos ID" button). What you need to do is go back to your unlock web account and unlock again using that ID. No need to pay again of course.