VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Andrewsdad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

For some reason the file will not download...
I got the Glide2x.dll ok, but the .ini file will not download.

AD

Reply 2 of 4, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Strange. There's an easy way to generate it.

Put the Glide2x.dll file in the RB folder. Make sure there isn't an old OpenGLid.INI in that folder. Just delete it if there is. Run RB once in glide mode (the game will run in the bottom left hand corner of your display. Quit RB, and you will find a new OpenGLid.INI file in the RB folder. Edit it (with notepad) and change the InitFullScreen setting from 0 to 1.

Reply 3 of 4, by Andrewsdad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks Hentzau and Glidos...

Just for grins I tried to run the game without the .INI file and discovered that it installed it automatically. I will edit it as you instructed, Glidos..

When I start RB I get a message telling me that I have a Glide card with outdated drivers and to see the manufacturer for updates.

The cockpit, aircraft and clouds look really good !!!!

The ground looks very "sparkley" like glitter has been spread all over. I saw trees !!!!!! 😀

The framerate is quite variable. Most of the time it runs about 20-30, but about every minute or so it drops to under 10 and sometimes about 1 or 2. Then it recovers again.

No text messages or on the buttons.. No chat in MMP

All graphic settings are full except the prop animation.

Any advice as to how to improve this??

I am really impressed with what I have seen so far !!!!

My system is a Dell 550 PIII
Diamond Viper V770D Ultra 32 meg card (NVidia)
RB3D
Fly's Paint
Rens' .vol patch

Salute,
AD

Reply 4 of 4, by docmartin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can't get either file to download. Whenever I click on either of the "here" hyperlinks on the Glidos Redbaron.html page, I get a "Cannot find server" message. Is the site down temporarily?

The Doc