VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by CWR63

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The first problem I'm having is that only the Hawk and Eagle offer working cockpit views, the other cars that have cockpit view available show the windows as pure white - unsure if this is an alpha channel issue or a fog distance one.

The other problem is that I can't add the official add-on car, ChromeGod, without crashing out of the game - CG replaces the default starting car, the red Eagle, and crashes if that car is chosen; choose any other car and the game still runs.

A problem for which I found a solution is for capturing screens and video for free (since SHIFT-D just saves a blank cyan screen) - AviScreen Classic from bobyte is freeware and snaps full 1200x1920 screenshots or even WMVs of that resolution if you turn the frame rate down to 20 - although that makes for some huge WMVs (I made a short one that was 3Gb, and a longer one was 18Gb!) - I don't personally feel anything I've done in Carmageddon justifies that sort of HD space 😒

Last edited by CWR63 on 2012-06-01, 09:49. Edited 1 time in total.

"I know, I know - the rest of the world thinks Americans are arrogant. And to be fair...f**k you."