VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Modus Operandi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just finished Tomb Raider and the "The End" screen as well as the credits screens are missing. When running the game with GoG's launcher/dosbox it's there, but with Glidos there's nothing.

If custom FMVs are enabled, after the last movie ends the game just exits instantly back to desktop, and when closing Glidos window it gives a message box saying "Read failed: 996".
Without FMV pack enabled, the last movie is followed by a few seconds of black screen, and then return to the main menu of the game.

Turning high resolution textures and background audio pack on/off has no effect.

My specs:
* Motherboard: Asus P5G41T-M
* CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Core Q6600 (2.4 GHz)
* RAM: 4 GB DDR3
* GPU: Radeon HD7870 2GB GDDR5
* Sound: integrated
* Game: Tomb Raider (GoG version)
* Video mode: Direct3D, any resolution
* Version of emulator: DOSbox that comes bundled with the latest Glidos installer (0.73 I think).

Reply 2 of 2, by stroheim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm finding the same thing running on Windows 7 64-bit using Glidos 1.53b. An earlier version of Glidos, which I used some years ago, didn't have this problem even with texture packs and audio packs enabled. Obviously, it doesn't make the game itself any less playable, but when you are dumped back to the desktop at the end of the game instead of going back to the game's main menu, you can't get unlimited weapons, unlimited ammo, and medi-packs enabled without hacking the game in some way.