VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by benjibeef87

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently paid to have the logo removed from glidos, having tested tomb raider. The main reason I wanted it was to have the ps1 music included, which to my joy, there they were!

Then I bought it, and my problems began. Suddenly there was no music anymore.

Bearing in mind this is the gog version of the game, I'd followed the installation instructions and had no real problem until I'd paid for it.

Things I've tried:

Re-installing tomb raider

Re-installing glidos (by deleting and installing again)

Fiddling with the "audio and FMV's" section (turned music off and back on again)

Checking to see if the audio files were installed to the right place (Glidos/audio/Tracks etc...I'm assuming they're in the right place...)

My harware: Well...it was working perfectly, so why would it be a hardware issue??

All in all, the music was the reason I bought it, otherwise I wouldn't have. Ironic that paying for it took away the music!

Any suggestions?.... 🙁

Reply 1 of 5, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That's a strange one. One thing I can say with complete certainty is that it isn't the action of unlocking. The process just doesn't get anywhere near the audio features. It has to be something altered around the same time.

Could you post your Glidos.ini? Not the one in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Glidos

the one in

C:\Users\paul\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Glidos

Reply 2 of 5, by benjibeef87

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Maybe I made a mistake or something in the installation, it's got to be something like that. I'm quite sucky with technical things 😦

I had a look in C:\ drive, but I couldn't find a folder called "users". I'm on windows XP, so I'm wondering if that's the reason? (or if I've blundered it up worse than I thought... 😅

Reply 3 of 5, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well, the things that you checked according to your first post were all the right things, so not too sucky at technical stuff. In any case I should be working to iron out any traps in the install procedure.

As you say, that folder isn't present on XP, so the glidos.ini in

C:\Program Files\Glidos

is the one in that case.

Reply 4 of 5, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Actually, one thing worth trying - it wont tell us what went wrong, but it might get your audio working: try downloading and installing the archive from here
Then change the Glidos configuration to use the Tomb.exe from that installation.