VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Pawper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Could it be an issue with my system being 64 bit?

Reply 3 of 16, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here's a replacement exe file. Substitute it for the one in C:\Program Files\Glidos (or whereever you've installed it). Then run in windowed mode, and it may tell us where the crash is occurring.

Attachments

• Filename
    GlidosWithStackTrace.zip
    File size
    426.78 KiB
    Downloads
    241 downloads
    File comment
    A version of the v1.52 Glidos.exe which catches crashes and displays the call sequence that led to them (hopefully)
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 4 of 16, by Pawper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, this time it didn't crash, but was still misbehaving. First bug is that after each FMV it would make a new window in the lower right of the screen. Second is that it seems to be pressing buttons within the game or something. The menu was spinning around and Lara kept backing up once I got in game. Also there was the spinning Glidos logo, huge and in the middle of the screen, although I believe that's supposed to be there?

Reply 6 of 16, by Pawper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, so I played in Windowed mode without my controller plugged in and I didn't get the backing up in-game.

Need this stuff below?

Starting Glide Server v1.52 (c) Paul Gardiner 2001-2013
VESA mode 0x101
VESA mode 0x101
Open core.avi
Open core.avi
Play FMV
WinClose
VESA mode 0x110
VESA cmd 4F07, 0, 0, 0
Open escape.avi
Open escape.avi
Play FMV
WinClose
VESA mode 0x110
VESA cmd 4F07, 0, 0, 0
Open cafe.avi
Open cafe.avi
Play FMV
WinClose
VESA mode 0x110
VESA cmd 4F07, 0, 0, 0
VESA mode 0x101
Resolution = 640x480
Refresh rate = 60Hz
Color format = ARGB
Number of color buffers = 2
Number of aux buffers = 1
Resolution = 640x480
Refresh rate = 60Hz
Color format = ARGB
Resolution = 640x480
Refresh rate = 60Hz
Color format = ARGB
WinClose
Open mansion.avi
Open mansion.avi
Play FMV
WinClose
VESA mode 0x110
VESA cmd 4F07, 0, 0, 0
Resolution = 640x480
Refresh rate = 60Hz
Color format = ARGB
Resolution = 640x480
Refresh rate = 60Hz
Color format = ARGB
GlideShutdown

Reply 7 of 16, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Firstly the window jumping to the bottom right can be fixed by moving the Glidos dialog to where you want the top left.

Your text cut from the Glidos main dialog confuses me: that seems to suggest several successfully played FMVs. Is it sometimes crashing, sometimes not?
Also, does it always give the same call sequence when it crashes? And is it only if the FMV pack is enabled?

Reply 8 of 16, by Pawper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The text cut was from the third go I had at it, in the windowed mode. Windowed mode plays fine. I disabled the FMV pack and received the error popup box (same one as in screenshot linked above) immediately upon running the game, instead of after the opening FMVs. Unfortunately when Glidos crashes the main dialog's log is lost...

Reply 9 of 16, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ok. I didn't take enough notice of the title. So the problem is that Glidos wont work in full-screen mode. Use of the FMV pack, just delays the problem because it avoids using Glidos to render the FMV.

I'm still confuse though. Here's the thing: Glidos doesn't call grDrawPlanarPolygonVertexList. I guess the stack tracing isn't working quite correctly. I'd be interested to know if you repeatedly get the same stack trace, and whether it changes when you reenable the FMV pack.

Another thing you could try is swapping to OpenGL rendering, although you'll need Graphics Drivers from your card manufacturer's web site, rather than from Microsoft, for that to work.

Reply 12 of 16, by Pawper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, my problems now are limited to the huge spinning logo in the middle of the screen while playing. It's no longer on the menu screen, just when playing a level, and the textures of it are wonky.

Reply 16 of 16, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sort of. You are probably using Glidos with DOSBox as the DOS emulation, and DOSBox would be interacting with controllers. You may be able to sort it out by adding lines to Glidos\DOSBox\dosbox-0.73.conf, but I'm afraid I don't know what you need to add. There may be help on this forum somewhere.