VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by JF

User metadata

Hi guys remember me?
I’m still having problems with the TR1 save games. When I save the game around the midle of the 2nd level it crashes and I have to reset the computer. What can I do? I know it’s nothing about the the administrator stuff because I’m using win 98. I just downloaded the glidos ver 1.18 but I’m still having the same problem. I’m not using any old save games files or anything like that so what can it be? Shoul I reinstall the game or something? If I have to, am I gonna have to get a new glidos key?

Reply 1 of 6, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

New codes only need to be issued when there is a hardware change. Can you get though the second level without saving? If so, does it crash when you save a game on the next level?

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 2 of 6, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This is a difficult one. I don't know why saving causes crashes for some people. It is fairly rare. Reinstalling cannot do any harm.

It is also worth trying running setup and disable sound. See if the problem goes away. I doubt if it is a video problem because saving doesn't involve any mode changes. Loading does, I think but not saving. TR1 gets confused about CDRom access. If you have two CD drives, try the other. If you have a CD burner, make a copy of your TR CD and use that.

This problem is a real pain. I hope you haven't just bought Glidos, and then discovered this.

Reply 3 of 6, by JF

User metadata

Unfortunately yes I just bought glidos and this keeps bugging me! I don’t know if the game only crashes in the 2nd level but I guess it crashes when you have already done some stuff on the level you are in no matter witch one. I don’t have two CD drivers or a CD burner...
I also notice that when I press ESC the game takes a little time to run the equipment and saving stuff. Do you think it might be a problem with the TR CD itself?
I’m starting to think there isn’t much I can do!

Reply 4 of 6, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I can refund your Glidos payment; that's no problem, but it would be so much better to fix this problem.

It could be the CD, but I'm guessing. I know that TR is sensitive to CD problems. Do you know someone with a CD burner?

Reply 6 of 6, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It doesn't have to be a scratch. Could be any little flaw. It could also be your CD drive. It may be none of these things; just stuff worth trying.

Did you try with sound disabled? That is a really easy test.