VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Dave3d

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello.

I havent been able to get Glidos working with the old way ( http://www.glidos.net/blood.html?lang=en ) downloading those files, or with the gog version, on win7 64 bit.

All that happens is a small (very small) dosbox looking window launches, and then goes away.

🙁

Reply 2 of 6, by Dave3d

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, the gog version has dosbox.
It just doesnt look all that great.

Glidos made Tomb Raider look excellent, and I was hoping blood would work just as well.

I already got some Blood launcher to work though, and it has great mouse controls and everything.

Thanks.

Reply 3 of 6, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The GOG version probably only uses software rendering and not Glide emulation, because GOG does not ship custom DOSBox builds as far as I know (let alone Glide wrappers).

What I'm suggesting is a special DOSBox build (Ykhwong's DOSBox SVN Daum) that can emulate the DOS end of Glide and pass it through to a supporting Glide wrapper (nGlide or dgVoodoo) on the host (Windows).

The configuration I propose ought to produce similar results to Glidos, since the 64-bit flavor of Glidos apparently tries to do pretty much the same thing too.

Reply 4 of 6, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Wont be quite as good as Glidos because it has special code for handling Blood. Glidos stitches together all the thin triangles that Blood outputs so as to acheive true bilinear interpolation.

I hope to find time soon to buy the GoG version of Blood and make any necessary changes to Glidos.

Reply 6 of 6, by dskiller

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I been having problems with trying to get it to run also, i was just about to make a post, then I seen you started one.

thing is, I hand it running before, although I cant remember if it was glidos or dgvoodoo

system got reinstalled, files got lost or moved.

windows 7 64bit, and windows 8 64bit here

and I told it to run through dosbox and 3dfx gives error saying unable to load dll.

thing is, I hand it running before, although I cant remember if it was glidos or dgvoodoo

system got reinstalled, files got lost or moved.