VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by hellish73

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to get Tomb Raider working. I just bought Tomb Raider: The Greatest Raids on amazon which contains the first four tomb raider games on one disk. I have followed the instructions on the glidos website, installed glidos and applied the patch (TrAndUbForGlidos.exe). However, when I start up glidos with tomb raider (original) it opens up and then says: "this application has to close". It closes but I can still hear the audio in the background and a cmd box is still open.

I am using Windows XP

Reply 1 of 1, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Need more information.

Is this the latest version of Glidos from http://www.glidos.net? Hacked versions from other web sites may well crash and do who knows what.

Is there any more information in the crash report?

If you hear game sounds, then presumably the crash isn't immediately on start up. How far into the game does it get? Does it always crash at the same place.

What DOS emulation setting are you using? If you are on 32bit Windows XP then you could try VDos32.

Have you tried toggling between Glidos's OpenGL and DirectX rendering settings? Also try windowed mode with a small resolution.

Do you have any of the enhancments, such as the audio pack, video pack or texture packs, installed? If so try disabling them.

What graphics card or chip does your computer have? Do you have the latest drivers from the manufacturer?