VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Rinnerz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

Currently, running Tomb Raider in Glidos using Direct3D is causing a very long delay/freeze whenever I try to open the inventory in-game. Google searches have led me to find that the most recent "workaround" for this is to switch from Direct3D to OpenGL. But if I do this, I can no longer enable the "Inhibit mode change" option -- which I need.

Any idea if there's another workaround for this?

Details:

Glidos v1.53b
Tomb Raider (Steam version, with Archive)
Display settings used: Direct3D, 1280x1024, Inhibit mode change, Full screen, Forced texture smoothing
Audio & Movies: Use Audio Pack, Use FMV pack

System specs:

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 EVO
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz quad-core
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 @1333 MHz
Video card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 XT, 2 GB
Monitor: Samsung T220 22" @1680x1050

Reply 2 of 2, by Rinnerz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Good to know, and thanks for the quick reply!

In case this helps anyone else, I managed to get it running in OpenGL without stretching the image, and without being able to use the "Inhibit mode change" option -- albeit with a caveat or two.

I had to force GPU image scaling within my video card driver settings (in this case, AMD's CCC), so that any non-16:10 images would not be stretched. It won't even let me do this unless I change my monitor's desktop resolution to something non-native, make the changes in the CCC to maintain aspect ratio, and then change the desktop resolution back. CCC will maintain the GPU scaling options you set (even if you can't see them) and will switch to them whenever you're running at a non-native resolution.

After this, Glidos will run Tomb Raider at its native aspect ratio in OpenGL, BUT the delays when it transitions between the game and FMVs are much more noticeable now. (Perhaps an additional 1-2 seconds?).