VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by HD86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I am using Glidos. It works fine with TR1, but it does not work with Unfinished Business.

I installed UB from a TR1 CD using the Tomb Raider Advanced Installer v1.06.

When I use Glidos the VDos32 window keeps giving me the error message "Zwsetldtentries returned 0xc0000002".

Reply 1 of 3, by HD86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just managed to get it work by changing the Dos emulation to DOSBox instead of VDos32. I wonder if this will cause any problems in the game.

If the game can work normally with DOSBox, then what is the point of the VDos32 thing? I just wasted a whole day trying to get it to work because of this bug.

Reply 2 of 3, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The point of the VDos32 thing is that it provides a 32bit DOS emulation that is very much faster than DOSBox. The problem with it is that it uses features of Windows that aren't present in the 64bit versions. It used to be that most people had 32bit systems and Glidos was set up with VDos32 as the default emulation. When 64bit systems became more common, I swapped the default for most games to DOSBox, but forgot UB.

I guess what is needed is for Glidos to detect that it is running on a 64bit system and warn if VDos32 is selected.