VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Extreme Assault

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi All

Im new and, i tried a lot options for to run this genial game with 3dfx acceleration.

I use all tipes of dosbox with glide emulation with NGLIDE software, with all patch 1.23 and dont work correctly, work very slow 😢

I tried with GLIDOS software and i saw this video in YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueeZjuJQE3A, I do not understand how you get that works, I've tried everything and I can not run the game.

I try GLIDOS with Windows 7 32 bits and in other pc Windows 7 64 bits, and only recived error with two options, close or skip.

Any solution?

Sorry for my bad english

Thx

Kind Regards

Reply 2 of 17, by Extreme Assault

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

Yes, specially this

I use all tipes of dosbox with glide emulation with NGLIDE software, with all patch 1.23 and dont work correctly, work very slow

With dosbox glide emulation the game works but very slow.

Any solution?

Someone explain to me as does the guy from youtube? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueeZjuJQE3A (this console i never see in options os GLIDOS) 😢

Reply 4 of 17, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, all I can tell you so far is:
- The video, posted by Ceekur (registered here in 2009: Ceekur ) used GliDOS 1.40c. http://download.glidos.net/
Windows XP Install Instructions: http://glidos.net/extreme.html?lang=en
- In the video, Ceekur, like GliDOS in its installation instructions, uses Extreme Assault Demo.
ftp://ftp.bluebyte.com/demos/eng/extreme-assault/xa_demo.exe
It is unknown if Ceekur uses Windows XP as well, but for a circa-2009 video, I find it likely. Therefore my assumption is that he used Windows XP's NTVDM to replace DOS.

Therefore your PC is much newer than the guy in the Youtube video.

[EDIT] I'm moving this to the GliDOS forum.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 6 of 17, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Some other information that might be valuable to you:
In a NINE-year-old post, Nicht Sehr Gut mentions:
So... (Extreme Assault)

Nicht Sehr Gut wrote:

Patched Extreme Assault up to v1.23 (the latest) and found that all the texture problems and Next-Level/Restart Lock-Ups were gone. Unfortunately, I also found that the framerate had sunk...like the Titanic. Not playable on a Celeron 1.7GHz. Ech.

So, I started some step-by-step checking and found out a few things.

First, the Good news. The v1.20 patch will alleviate all the previous problems without killing the framerate. This appears to be true up to v1.22. Struck me as odd since v1.23 was the only one that specifically mentioned the Voodoo in the changes (then again, v1.23 makes changes tailored for the Voodoo2. That should have been a clue for me).

Perhaps this still holds true. So if you own the retail copy, try EARLIER patches than v1.23. And not just in GliDOS either.
They are STILL (!!!) available here: ftp://ftp.bluebyte.com/updates/eng/extreme-assault/

Fun fact: there hasn't been a Glidos discussion thread mentioning Extreme Assault since 2003-2004.

I've no idea if the GliDOS author has retested this on a Windows 7 system recently.

Stiletto

Reply 7 of 17, by Extreme Assault

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thx

I played with patch 1,20 and the game run ok, because the problem is the framework that in game dont show but in 1,23 patch framework show and run very slow.

I hope you understeand me, my english is very bad.

Reply 8 of 17, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Additional notes (you should learn how to use forum search):
Both gulikoza's 3dfx build, and dgVoodoo 2, received special Extreme Assault fixes in March 2013 that have not likely passed along to Glidos/OpenGlide/psvoodoo (if necessary), so you should take a look at the most recent versions of those as well:
dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11
Glide patch

If I'm understanding right, there must be wrapper support for this. nGlide 1.01 was published in February and thus might not support it yet (perhaps in nGlide 1.02?)

So that you understand better:
1. Try dgVoodoo2 and gulikoza's newest DOSBox patch from March 2013 or later with v1.23 (might be included in Ykhwong's build, I forget where to get Gulikoza's build) WITHOUT GliDOS.
2. If it works, nag GliDOS author to fix GliDOS or nGlide author to fix nGlide. 😁

gulikoza's notes from nGlide forums:

gulikoza wrote:

Yes, the LFB management has been rewritten in the latest revision. It allows simultaneous locks of different buffers...this fixes Extreme Assault (without the patches), but also needs to be supported by the wrapper (LFB needs to have 2048b stride).

Stiletto

Reply 10 of 17, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, my PC is currently a Dell Inspiron 700m with Windows XP, so I cannot test farther, sorry.

Stiletto

Reply 11 of 17, by Extreme Assault

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dont worry, thx

I think that you need good pc, i have a Intel graphics gma 3100, but the question is that the game Works perfect without hud, with hud Works slow, i think that the 3d accelerator isnt the problema.

thx sr

Reply 12 of 17, by Extreme Assault

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah! 😎

I got it to work!

1 step
Install DOSBOX SVN DAUM

http://ykhwong.x-y.net/xe/?module=file&act=pr … cdf6d7c7f556ede

2 step
Install NGLIDE with default settings

http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide/d-1.html

3 step
Install Extreme Assault use habitual mount, and update to version 1.22, dont put the update 1.23 😠

ftp://ftp.bluebyte.com/updates/eng/extreme-assault

4 step
Run 3dfx.exe and enjoy.

NOTE: only thing is that the F1 help or QUIT in game dont show, is the same, because the game run perfect.

Kind Regards 🤣

Last edited by Extreme Assault on 2013-08-15, 21:53. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 13 of 17, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Glad to hear you have a solution, even if it didn't in the end use GliDOS 😀

v1.21 and v1.22 patches are no good?

Stiletto

Reply 15 of 17, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

http://www.zeus-software.com/forum/viewtopic. … start=210#p2828

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 17 of 17, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No, I just tell about "version 1.22 have bugs with nGlide 1.01". Transparency troubles, target cursors etc.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).