Common searches

First post, by rens

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Salute! pilots

I bought this glidos through paypal.

10 us$

I think Paul has given us what we badly needed ( a second lease on the life of RB ) and I just want to say:

let us support him if we can

just a hint 😉

Salute! Rens

Reply 1 of 7, by Hentzau

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just bought it with paypal and I don't even need it yet!!! Thanks for the outstanding customer support Glidos! Now I can finally start thinking about upgrading!

I figured if I didn't use paypal soon they were gonna figure a way to transfer my balance to the Ebay CEO's personal account or something. 🤣

Reply 3 of 7, by Unregistered

User metadata

I'll be glad to pay once I get a non-3dfx card. I currently have a V5 5500 but now that they got this wrapper working I aim to get a Raedon 9700 or a GeForce 4 sometime this Christmas!

I was wondering how long I could hold out with a 3dfx card! 🤣 Here lately it was getting hard to do!

Heck, I would have been willing to pay $25 easy for this wrapper!

Reply 4 of 7, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I would highly recommend the GeForce4 4600 over the Radeon 9700. Off-topic, I know, but I figure I should get my 'professional' opinion in. (GF has programmable pixel-mappers and other nifty stuff to make your games look better if the programmers take advantage of it. I think that the GF4 has two pixel pipelines now -- the only advantage ATi has had over nVidia -- which means that it shouldn't have that bottleneck. That said, I could be wrong (in which case, wait for the GF5 😉).)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 5 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you have a GF4 Ti4600 then there really isn't a reason to get a 9700 unless you *need* more FPS.

That being said upgrading to the 9700 from my ti4600 was a significant jump in IQ and functionality for me but probly a slight drop in driver quality. 😉 My Ti4600 is sitting right next to my computer waiting to jump back in as soon as the 9700 fails me. 😀

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 6 of 7, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Me, were it not for the performance issues compared to a Geforce4 Ti4600 or Radeon 9700, I'd jump for the Matrox Parhelia - 16xAA & support for up to 3 displays! W00t!

Link: http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/videoca … cle.php/1376851

Reply 7 of 7, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Bleh. You don't need 16xAA, and it only seems to do well performance-wise in high-resolutions. Unless you've got a 200" monitor, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

In any case, send me that GF4 😉 I'll send it back when nVidia releases the GF5 (mwah, that'll be a monster).

Yes, it’s my fault.