VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by doomer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Greetings.

I've been playing around with the original CD version of Tomb Raider on the trial version of Glidos 1.53b.

I've installed the Extra Texture Pack by JC, enabled the missing music addon, and added the Enhanced 1.2 Fmv Pack. I'm happy with Glidos and almost everything is working fine, but there are a few issues. At first, the fmv pack wouldn't play and I was getting the missing codec error. Due to that I've installed LAV Filters 0.59.1 which can be found here and here. All the movies play just fine now, but I'm still getting the missing codec error after the Core logo movie has finished. After that, the intro and level 1 movies work okay without additional errors. I've configured the codecs to handle only .avi files, the H264 video codec, and the AAC audio codec. I'm guessing Glidos is looking for a specific codec pack.

In addition, I've noticed that the game doesn't run at full 60 fps. I'm running the game with the OpenGl option, at a resolution of 1280x1024, have mipmapping enabled, and I have an Nvidia GTS 250 video card. Is the game originally capped at a lower value?

And finally, are there plans to add support for widescreen resolutions like 1680x1050 while maintaining the original aspect ratio? For example, Nglide has such an option, and the games look quite nice when you select the 4:3 option.

Thank you in advance.

Reply 1 of 4, by Sardoc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The game runs natively at 30 fps.

There is the DirectX glide, which allows to run the game unstretched (it adds black bars on the sides), but currently it has a super annoying bug: every time you open the inventory screen (that also includes save/load game shortcuts), the game freezes for about 20-30 seconds. So... yeah, OpenGL one is pretty much the only choice now.

Reply 2 of 4, by Gaminator

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I´ve got a problem with Glidos when i will start Tomb Raider when i became an error

What can i do ?

here ist the error:

http://up.picr.de/21251149ot.jpg

please help me and sorry my englisch is´nt god