VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by adense

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, I'm having quite a lot of trouble making Redguard work.

First off, the soundsetup file won't run, so I don't know if my audio will work.

But the big problem is to actually get the game running. I have set the emulation mode to DosBox, and when I start the game a big window called Glidos Server (or something similar) appears.
Inside this window I get some sort of Redguard loading screen, with a rotating logo. The whole thing seems to lag a lot. Then The window becomes black except for a small logo (from Redguard) in the upper corner. Then the program crashes.

I have no idea what to do 🙁

Reply 1 of 6, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I bet that's all down to not having the sound set up incorrectly. I'm not sure if it will work,
but here's something worth a try. Look in the directory

Redguard\sound

and find the files

MDI.INI and DIG.INI

Move them somewhere safe, and then replace them with the versions in the archive attached to this post.

Attachments

• Filename
    sound.zip
    File size
    516 Bytes
    Downloads
    131 downloads
    File comment
    My working sound config for Redguard
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 6, by adense

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It didn't work. I didn't even have any .ini files in my Redguard/sound directory. So I just added the ones you attached.
But it crashed again, this time though there was a message box, which said:

"Error: Gu3dfGetInfo called"

Then it crashed 🙁

Reply 4 of 6, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
RacoonRider wrote:

May I suggest a real Pentium II with Voodoo graphics?

No you may not, you're in the GliDOS Glide wrapper forum, dude. 😎

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 5 of 6, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
adense wrote:
It didn't work. I didn't even have any .ini files in my Redguard/sound directory. So I just added the ones you attached. But it […]
Show full quote

It didn't work. I didn't even have any .ini files in my Redguard/sound directory. So I just added the ones you attached.
But it crashed again, this time though there was a message box, which said:

"Error: Gu3dfGetInfo called"

Then it crashed 🙁

That error is Glidos warning that Redguard called a glide function that Glidos doesn't support. When Redguard is set up correctly, it doesn't call that function. Just in case this is due to the sound config, here's something you can try. Go into the Glidos config for Redguard (click "Adjust...") and change the executable: where the end of the executable path is RGFX.exe, change that part to be sound\setsound.exe. Then click the Glidos "Start Game" button. That will run Redguard's sound config program under DosBOX. Set it up to General Midi and Sound Blaster 16. Autoconfig should work for those choices. At least then you can be sure that the sound is configured correctly. Then you need to change the executable back to what it was to run Redguard.

Also, just checking, this is the latest version of Glidos from http://www.glidos.net, right? If you are using some other version, then who knows?!

Reply 6 of 6, by adense

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I opened the setsound.exe with GliDos, changed the Midi Sound thing to General Midi (there was also something "Roland" in its name) and I changed Digital Audio to Sound Blaster 16
But the same things happens again. This time, though, I get no error message it just crashes.

This is what it looks like the second before GliDos crashes: http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa253/Gran … zpsbdf92628.jpg

I can add that I do not hear any music or sounds playing in the background.