VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kaiden

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!

I've bought the TR 1, 2, 3 package from GOG and tried to play it. Because TR 1 hung always when actually starting a game I was looking for a solution and stumbled over Glidos (the hangup was solved with using the safe mode TR 1 version, whatever the difference is. Installing UB following the instructions works, too, for some reason). Having the texture packs I decided to try them out and installed them following these instructions.

But when I start the game it becomes immediately apparent that there is some problem. The text in the main menu below the item in front is missing and inside the game the old textures are still used. The videos seem still to be the same, too. Furthermore, pressing escape shows a significant delay for the menu to appear as well. I installed this prepackaged archive of TrAndUbForGlidos.exe in the TOMBRAID directory below the GOG install, but nothing changed. Testing OpenGL brought no improvement. Does have anyone an idea what I could do to solve this?

System Information

* Motherboard: ASRock P67 Pro 3
* Processor: Intel Core i5-3570 @ 3.4GHz
* RAM: 8GB DDR3 Dual Channel
* Graphic Card: GeForce GTX 570, 1280 GDDR5
* Sound board: Nothing separate, just using the mainboard stuff
* Operating system: Win 7 Pro Service Pack 1
* Game name: Tomb Raider 1 (GOG)
* Sound mode used: Use audio packs
* Video mode: Direct3D, 1600x1200
* Version of emulator (for VDMSound, probably 2.0.4 or 2.1.0; for DOSBox, 0.58+): No idea, I'm either using the packaged version by GOG or by Glidos.