VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

It keeps asking for a disc in drive E:

My drive E: is my ZIP drive.

Does Glidos require the cd drive to be E:?

My current drive lettering is:
SCSI disk: C,D
ZIP disk: E
RAID 0 array: F,G
CD Drive: H,I,J

I really hope there's a fix for this, TR1 is the best TR as far as I'm concerned, can't beat the level design it has.

Reply 1 of 6, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Err, that's strange. Check your glidos.ini file and any config files in TR for the erroneous drive letter and make sure that the game was installed from one of your CD drives (or at least is pointing to it). 😀

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 2 of 6, by Unregistered

User metadata

is there a way to specify the CD drive?

I keep getting the insert something into E: message.

Do I need to set a virtual CD-ROM of some sort?

Perhaps the WinXP DOS emulation creates a virtual CD-ROM at drive E: and tombraider looks for a cd there?

I changed the .ini for glidos (set TOMBRAID to where its installed rather than copying it to C: to get it to find it) but I still get the error.

Reply 5 of 6, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It isn't Glidos that needs something in your E: drive; it's Tomb Raider. Glidos is just warning you of the bug in Tomb Raider. Putting any disc in your ZIP driver should sort it out. On the other hand, if it is working okay now, then just go with the flow.

If you have to <ESC> past the FMVs, that almost always a problem with the TR audio setup. You will probably get no sound in the game either. If you are using Windows 2000 or XP then grab VDMSound and all yout audio problems will be gone. If you have Windows 98 or ME then you have to try all combinations of settings and hope one works.