VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by mr_zen256

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmmm, I've followed all the instructions to the letter on Glidos.net but I still cant get it to work... It loads to a point and asks for you to press a key to continue, but when you do it crashes back to the desktop... Could it be because I installed the PCD20.EXE (plasma pack 3Dfx patch) instead of the standard R1120.EXE? If I try using the R1120.EXE patch it says the files arnt valid. PCD20.EXE updates fine though.. Here are my system specs:

Athlon 3000
Asus A7V333-X
512mb ram
GeForce4 Ti4200
Windows XP pro
Glidos 1.24
VDMSound 2.10 beta

Reply 3 of 10, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hmmm, Blood is problematic. I must admit, when I run it here under XP, sometimes it crashes, sometimes it runs.

Have you run CLI2NOP over it? If I remember correctly it needs that. Also it might be worth configuring it with no audio while trying to get it going.

Reply 4 of 10, by mr_zen256

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah, I have run cli2nop and tried running it without sound but no luck. It is the original retail version of blood 1.00 patched to 1.11 then patched to 3Dfx 1.20. I tried downloading a different version of "glide2x.dll" and "glide2x.ovl" , double checked the instructions on Glidos.net to see if I had missed anything but I have it covered. Hmmm, mysterious 😀

Reply 5 of 10, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't know. I'd have thought that the DOS enviroment under XP, being an emulation, would be more consistent than under W9X. It might support less old DOS programs, but I'd have thought there would be less variation from user to user. Still, blood seems to work for some and not others. For me it works sometimes and not others.

Reply 7 of 10, by RoNsTaR

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Open up the config.nt under windows\system32\ and add the following lines

files=80
buffers=80

that worked for me great against the kick-back-to-desktop - issue 😀

Reply 10 of 10, by Guest

User metadata

Easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.) Install BLOOD w/ Plasma and PCD20 Patch.
2.) Go to http://www.deathmask.net/buildxp/ , Do what they say
NOTE on 2. - DON'T install in C:\GAMES\BLOOD , make it in C:\BLOOD\ !!
3.) IF YOU WANT 'Software mode' you are almost ready.
4.) Be sure you have VDM-Sound ,NOLFB , etc. Download the shortcut.
5.) Save shortcut to Desktop. Right click it , select Properties.
6.) Click VDMSound in the Properties window.
7.) Then click the button 'Change...'
8.) It'll show C:\GAMES\BLOOD\BLOOD.exe , change it to c:\blood\3dfx.exe
9.) Click OK , then APPLY , then OK
--) You're done - High Quality GFX and Sound!
Problems: IF windows doesn't know the shortcut , right click it and select RUN With VDMS