VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

OK.

I was wrong. The sun & moon no longer cause probs but it seems that the lighting effects they have on the ground do still cause probs!!

I'm getting a problem that only seems to happen when it's early morning or late afternoon in the mission.

Terrain acquires translucent squares over the top of it that seem to represent some kind of bug with the lighting effects. I get this with both the default terrain & Rens terrain sets (Glide - obviously!).

The result of these squares (which I don't mind too much in themselves) is a massive slowdown in FPS from where I was at about 35-40 fps to about 8-10 fps. ARRRGH!!!!

Help, please!!!!!

Reply 1 of 8, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Could you also describe those squares as brightened and washed out areas. If so, its because you have Sun Glare turned on. Can't handle SunGlare properly yet.

On odd occasions getting hit will cause reddened squares for the same reason.

Reply 3 of 8, by Unregistered

User metadata

Now I've got new problems.

Turning off sun glare was extremely beneficial to the fps rate. Unfortunately now I have a problem whereby squares (especially those that make up sites such as factories and airfields) turn purple & red and have a very blotchy make-up indeed.

The effect looks extremely "pixelated" and also badly affects the tiles that make up the front line and trenches.

These corruptions also now badly affect the frame rate.

DAMN!

My spec:

T-Bird 1.2
256mb DDR
NV Ti4400
SB Live! Value
Win XP Pro

Hope someone can help!

LonehawkNZ

Reply 6 of 8, by Unregistered

User metadata

OK.

V12 is good & the funky tiles are gone but I now get corrupted sprites on planes such as the B.E.2 and also, the tiles for the front go fuzzy black & white on some occasions (like when you rub your eyes too much in the morning!).

In addition, the last problem I've now got, which isn't such a big deal, is that I get extreme fps slow-down when injured or flaming if I'm in cockpit view, but I suppose that this is the same problem as with sun-glare!

Thanks.

LonehawkNZ

Reply 7 of 8, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The frame rate problem shouldn't happen if you set
IgnorePaletteChange to 1. If you have it at 0, you will probably run your computer out of virtual memory when you get hit.

Delete Glide2x.dll and OpenGLid.ini. Then grab the latest verions off the Glidos site, just to be sure. It really sounds like you are running old versions.