heres the Link for Win98/Me:
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=win9x_40.71

vogel2.gif cu...in THE SKY

Reply 1 of 10, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

But at the same time, at least when I tried installing the v40.xx drivers, there was no working nVidia parts in the Display CPL. Has this been remedied, or was my installing through the INF instead of the EXE the cause?
I'm always verrry uneasy about using betas for essential things like my video card.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 2 of 10, by CraigG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This little program fixes all the Control Panel problems

http://www.jester2k.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/jester2kdetfix.htm

Just follow all 3 steps, and reboot. But no need to re-install the drivers.

Apparently, it was due to something leftover from previous drivers, that didn't get removed by anything including the detonator destoyer program.

I'm back on 31.00 drivers for WinME, as any of the 40xx series is just plain crap. With none of the VIVO capturing devices working, and only a 25% increase in 3DMark2001, 🤣 !! Like we all 'Play' 3DMark.

Nvidia seem to be not only getting complacent, but just plain friggin lazy, lately. I wonder if they're borrowing ATI's driver team 😕

Athlon 64 3000+ stock
MSI NForce 4 K8N Neo Platinum
2Gb RAM
nVidia Geforce 6800GT stock clocks
SBLive! Platinum + Audigy ZS2 Drivers
WinXP Pro SP2

Reply 3 of 10, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If the drivers are being rewritten from scratch, or nearly from scratch, as is quite likely seeing as it's a new major version release, it's no wonder that the BETA drivers don't work fully and that it's taking a long time to get them finished, really.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 4 of 10, by CraigG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Then why release them ?

It was just a friggin propaganda war against ATI to try and put the Radeon 9700 to shame, and they failed miserably.

If NVidia carry on this shit, then lots of people will move to another company. It's that simple.

Athlon 64 3000+ stock
2Gb RAM
WinXP Pro SP2

Reply 5 of 10, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
CraigG wrote:

If NVidia carry on this s**t, then lots of people will move to another company. It's that simple.

Or they'll just go back to non-beta drivers. Don't let brand-loyalty blind you.

Reply 6 of 10, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
CraigG wrote:

Then why release them ?

It was just a friggin propaganda war against ATI to try and put the Radeon 9700 to shame, and they failed miserably.

If NVidia carry on this shit, then lots of people will move to another company. It's that simple.

Dude, once again. THEY ARE BETA. BETA MEANS "TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK." THESE ARE NOT FINAL RELEASES. THEY WON'T BE PERFECT.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 7 of 10, by CraigG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I realise they are BETA, once again, thankyou for pointing out the obvious.

But, by releasing BETA drivers they ARE asking for trouble, more so for the state that they were in.
Christ, even the leaked drivers worked properly.

I paid £300 for this card and it hasn't worked 100% since I had the thing.
It's either the capturing works, and something else doesn't. Or games work and capturing doesn't. Or desktop corruption and vibrancy problems.

Christ, Colin, GET OFF MY BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!

You've had a problem with me since I posted that pic a while ago.
I said I was sorry, now drop it.

Athlon 64 3000+ stock
2Gb RAM
WinXP Pro SP2

Reply 9 of 10, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
CraigG wrote:

I realise they are BETA, once again, thankyou for pointing out the obvious.

Craig, I think Colin was trying to point out that, by definition, BETA drivers tend to be more unstable, less tested, and a guaranteed risk.

But, by releasing BETA drivers they ARE asking for trouble,...

Actually, if they didn't release BETA drivers, you'd probably have a few million "bleeding-edge" fans in an uproar. That's who these are for, primarily.

I paid £300 for this card and it hasn't worked 100% since I had the thing.

Then you probably should have returned it. Not being sarcastic here.
Have you tried using the last official release (30.82)?

Let's try to keep things civil, OK?

Reply 10 of 10, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Craig, dude. You seemed to be missing my point. Hopefully Nicht clarified it. I don't have anything against you.

...vibrancy problems.

Vibrancy problems? You mean moire? That can be adjusted in your monitor. If you have a monitor that's really new (like, a couple months), you might try letting it break in for a while. My monitor had the same problem for a while, but it's settled down for whatever reason. Here's hoping it won't start again. In any case, it sounds like you have a defective card. Hope you filled out your registration card ... 😉

Yes, it’s my fault.