VOGONS

Common searches

Grand Theft Auto

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 27, by chanza

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Getting back to GTA, I'm confused as to exactly how the video improves with Glide..? FWIW, I didn't exactly see a difference between 1600x1200 software mode and 1600x1200 Glide mode, and that was when I *had* a Voodoo^2.

When you have a banshee and a low-res monitor, Glide makes all the difference:)

Seriously, compare Glide & software in the lowest res to see the difference.

Reply 21 of 27, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Chanza, is that Simon the Sorcerer? That's a game I'd like to play again.

Anyway, GTA: I should be able to release a new version of Glidos later today or tomorrow. Don't be too hopeful though: there's some sort of problem with lag in the controls. I don't know the game well so perhaps that's normal bu it feels wrong to me.

Dreams to Reality is working well though. Very pretty; very weird.

Reply 22 of 27, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, hey. I know the game, uh, really, really well. I also know GTA2 and GTA3 really, really well. So, shoot it over here first if you're really anxious and I'll give it a spin.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 25 of 27, by chanza

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Anyway, GTA: I should be able to release a new version of Glidos later today or tomorrow.

Fantastic:)

This should kill my current problem with playing GTA... namely that the DOS version will only run in low colour, and the windows version runs *way* to fast, and is horribly jerky at the same time.

I don't know the game well so perhaps that's normal bu it feels wrong to me.

Don't worry, I'm sure Snover & I will let you know if there's anything wrong:)

Chanza, is that Simon the Sorcerer?

Hehe, yeah, it's from the end where you're battling Sordid:)

"How appropriate. You fight like a cow."

Reply 26 of 27, by Unregistered

User metadata

Paul, when they're all supported in GliDOS in the next release, could you post a few screenshots to your website? (Dreams To Reality, Sentinel, GTA, etc.)

BTW, SCUMMVM has limited support for Simon 1 & 2 - not because it was somehow a LucasArts game (it wasn't) but because one of the main programmers of SCUMMVM (not SCUMM) also worked on Simon. 😀
http://scummvm.sourceforge.net