VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

I for one would be willing to buy a working wrapper that allowed me to play titles like Janes Longbow 2 and Janes F-15. These are solid titles forever lost to the ages with the death of 3Dfx. Many of us simmers would likely help defray the costs of development (provided they are within reason of course).

Paul Scott Bartelt

Reply 2 of 8, by Nigel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Jolly good idea!

Mind you, there's a directx patch for F-15 which goes some way towards (though not all the way) matching the original 3DFX graphics.

The best advantage, if Glidos could help, would be to increase the original screen resolution from a 640x480 max to a higher one.

Trouble is the Jane's titles are both Windows-only. Maybe we'd need a whole new product - "GliWin" !?

Reply 5 of 8, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No chance of that with glide wrappers. Most involve simply sticking a "glide2x.dll" in your game directory and/or configuring the wrapper with an included .exe. That's it. No system corruption should occur!

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 6 of 8, by Nigel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Snover wrote:

Heh, Nigel, that's what OpenGLide is (GliDOS runs on top of OpenGLide, heh).

So I believe. Trouble is, before I found Glidos (et al) I hadn't managed to get any of the other wrappers to work for me (even the previous Openglide). When Glidos actually *worked* I was bowled over! (I've got back up now...)

Reply 8 of 8, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah, I've been meaning to document the thing, but I need to seriously get together with BOTH Fabio AND Paul, which is a seeming impossibility since Paul refuses to get an IM client, heh...

Yes, it’s my fault.