VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by jperk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If a buy the physical copy of TR1 (not the digital GOG or Steam version), is there a way to get that to work without using the CD and then getting the game to run in GLIDOS?

I know in the GLIDOS settings there is a way to run from CD or mounted iSO, but I was wondering if there is a work around from using a mounted ISO like a hex edit, non CD patch , etc.

Reply 1 of 2, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The "CD Source" option is mainly used for audio tracks. If you set the "Path to Executable" option correctly, you can point to the hard drive location where you copied the content of your game CD. In the "Audio and Movies" tab, select "Use Audio Pack" to replace your audio CD tracks with the MP3 pack available on GLiDOS website.

Ryzen 2600X 4.2 GHz | Radeon RX 6650 XT 8 GB | DDR4 16 GB | Win10-64 Pro

Reply 2 of 2, by stormborn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Necro post but someone may find it useful I've just got TR1 running with no CD, installed the game from original CD and then made an ISO of it and mounted it with Virtual clone drive to drive E:\ and set Glidos 'CD Source' to 'Drive or ISO' CD drive E:\ and it works fine using TombRaiderAudio_v1_6 with TombRaiderFMV_v1_2 and 1SilverlokAllVers textures the game looks and plays great but really weird not having controller sticks I keep trying to move the camera.