VOGONS

Common searches

blood on glidos

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 160 of 196, by Unregistered

User metadata
Snover wrote:

Could someone please include what settings they're using in the Glidos.ini file to get this to work? And also their blood.bat file? Do I need NOLFB running? SAPUCDEX? I just can't seem to get it to run. I get the initialization infos, and with SAPUCDEX it finds the CD audio tracks (without SAPUCDEX it doesn't), but neither seems to work. I just get a blank screen with some grey boxes (which I think are from windows that are open in Windows).

I have no idea what to do with W2k, I dont think gldvesa is of any help I think it only work on winxp but try it anyway

If that fails Try this for blood.bat (disable gldvesa as it causes conflict with nolfb)

nolfb.com (assuming u have the file)
set BUILD_640X480=1
set BUILD_CONVTEXTURES=1
set BUILD_GAMMA=1
set BUILD_RESAMPLE=1
3dfx.exe

Also set blood.cfg resolution to 640x480 vesa 2.0 and the glidos server resolution to the same resolution
run blood with the glide server and see what happens

Reply 162 of 196, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well I just reinstalled the POS that is XP and I get the same good lookin' Blood that I do in 2K! 😀 You poor poor people with nonfunctional Blood. :p (hehehe)

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 165 of 196, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Unregistered wrote:

heres what my blood looks like with the 116k glide2x.dll

That's the resolution mismatch problem. You need to select either 640x480 or 800x600 in both Glidos and the cfg file. You also need to use my Blood.bat file so that BUILD_640X480 is set to 1. You need this set even if you are trying to run at 800 x600

Reply 167 of 196, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Snover wrote:

Could someone please include what settings they're using in the Glidos.ini file to get this to work? And also their blood.bat file? Do I need NOLFB running? SAPUCDEX? I just can't seem to get it to run. I get the initialization infos, and with SAPUCDEX it finds the CD audio tracks (without SAPUCDEX it doesn't), but neither seems to work. I just get a blank screen with some grey boxes (which I think are from windows that are open in Windows).

Presumably you tried the first archive I attached to this thread. That had all the various files and settings. For W2K you also need the spirit of Nicht, which wouldn't fit in the archive.

Reply 169 of 196, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Glidos wrote:

For W2K you also need the spirit of Nicht, which wouldn't fit in the archive.

Oooo...a mysterious comment. Actually the farthest I've gotten has been just like the last image I posted.

Major redraw problems and it's not running in XP for me. One thing I can say is, if the card they're using has VESA2 issues in NT/2000/XP (such as the GeForce3), then they'll need to slip NOLFB.COM into that batch file of yours (before the 3dfx.exe obviously).

Reply 170 of 196, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Unregistered wrote:

Paul have u made any progress on how blood looks on ur computer?

It looks okay for me. My trouble is I can't get it to run at all on W2K.

I may be able to improve it. I don't know if you've noticed, because of the strange way the Glide port has been done with lots of thin triangles, we are getting uni-lateral interpolation; i.e., the textures are smoothed only in one direction. I may be able to reconstruct the larger polygons from the thin strips. Also, just by changing the trinangles to little rectangles, I should be able to make it possible to increase Gldios's resolution without the slatting we see at the moment.

Reply 171 of 196, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Nicht Sehr Gut wrote:

Oooo...a mysterious comment. Actually the farthest I've gotten has been just like the last image I posted.

Major redraw problems and it's not running in XP for me. One thing I can say is, if the card they're using has VESA2 issues in NT/2000/XP (such as the GeForce3), then they'll need to slip NOLFB.COM into that batch file of yours (before the 3dfx.exe obviously).

Oops, I mean DosFreak, I think.

Reply 174 of 196, by CraigG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

More importantly,
PAUL, have you tried any of those games yet ?

The anticipation of you trying out Screamer Rally and saying to yourself "Ahh yes, thats whats wrong", is driving me insane 😉
You also have shadow warrior <hint> 😉

Back to blood,

I couldn't get it to run in XP. All I got was a black screen and a flashing cursor.

Athlon 64 3000+ stock
MSI NForce 4 K8N Neo Platinum
2Gb RAM
nVidia Geforce 6800GT stock clocks
SBLive! Platinum + Audigy ZS2 Drivers
WinXP Pro SP2

Reply 175 of 196, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wait for the cursor to finish. It's going through the batch files and such.

Also I HAD to disable GLDVESA. Otherwise the SET commands for the 3dfx environment would not load (not enough memory which gldvesa chews up ALOT).

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 176 of 196, by Unregistered

User metadata

Try setting the environment memory to 32768 though u need more then 96mb of ram most people would have this amount.

Also I have found out why the sound has trouble with blood, all the sound files are in RAW format which is old and new sound cards have a different style of sample rate so it either doent work at all or doesnt sound good

u can use that barf.exe to extract the files from sounds.rff

Reply 177 of 196, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That's a weird reason for it to not work, but I suppose Vlad could try implementing realtime conversion for those sounds... hmm...

When I tried to get Blood to work, I got this -- no-matter-what:

Attachments

• problem.png
    Filename
    problem.png
    File size
    309 Bytes
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 179 of 196, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Snover wrote:

That's a weird reason for it to not work, but I suppose Vlad could try implementing realtime conversion for those sounds... hmm...

If you ask me, it sounds like BS. I'd like to see where he got his information.

When I tried to get Blood to work, I got this -- no-matter-what:

Looks like an error message to me. Do you get this without using the 3dfx patch?

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto