VOGONS

Common searches

Glidos & Redneck Rampage

Topic actions

First post, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So far I have been able to make the entire Redneck Rampage Series run in Glidos v.1.30 through modifications to the .ini file. I noticed it is another great way to run Redneck. You still need VDMSound for sound emulation though, & don't forget NOLFB. I do have some questions though as I have just now started using this wonderful program last night.

Is there a way to apply texturing effects to enhance the games a little more?

I was also wondering how to map it into fully being controlled by Glidos? (e.g. gamma adjustments, force texture smoothing, ect.)

How I might go about making texture packs for the games or is it only supported by TR 1?

Same with Audio Packs, can I program my own or is it only supported by TR1?

What other features & implements of Glidos can I use to enhance my games?

And for all ya wondering if Glidos is worth the $10.00? Hell Ya, Cough it up! Thats Nothing! 😀

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---

Reply 1 of 23, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I ended up finding out some good info about creating texture packs from the Glidos Homepage (go figure 😀 ).

I would still like to hear others methods on creation, just to see if someone has other ideas or has come up with another great method! 😁

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---

Reply 2 of 23, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Can you texture Mod any of the glidos games or only Tomb Raider?

If you can then I am having some problems.

I added the syntax "TextureOverride: Capture" to the .ini file of glidos under Blood.

I went into the game like it says and explored the level, but when I exit, there was no "Capture" Sub-Directory with .bmp's.

So I created the Sub-Directory and tried it again with no success.

I am runing an unregistered ver. & am planning on buying it but I wanted to test it out before I purchased. Is the reason its not creating textures to work with because I have not unlocked it by buying it?

UPDATE - I noticed that it is actually outputting a Capture Sub-Directory but it's not putting anything in it... 😕

Reply 5 of 23, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey Paul!

Your Software is Great! I Compiled Redneck Rampage, into the Glidos.ini using your Blood setup. as so....

Name: Redneck Rampage Executable: C:\Program Files\My Games Stuff\DOS\Redneck Rampage\RR.exe (My Dir) ControlJudderFix: 100 Res […]
Show full quote

Name: Redneck Rampage
Executable: C:\Program Files\My Games Stuff\DOS\Redneck Rampage\RR.exe (My Dir)
ControlJudderFix: 100
Resolution: 3
FullScreen: No
BloodFix: Yes
TextureCache: Yes
TextureOverride: Capture

I know it has to do with your BloodFix (Is it a Vesa fix?)

Without BloodFix this will not work.

Redneck Rampage is built on the Build Engine, same as Blood & Duke3D. Sound will work incorperated with VDMSound.

I got my set off of Amazon for 10.00 or so, for all of em' it wasn't to bad!

You can get a demo off of...

3DGamer.com

If you can find a copy of Redneck Rampage: Early years, you can convert it to the whole game with this utility through this link to fix Early Years from Bertramslair. Theres other great thing here also!

Check out the Totally Redneck Site through this link. The level building section is nice! Their misc. section has great things too!

Update - added three screenshots of Glidos. Tried to get some ingame shots but prtscr wont work and I think all my screenshot utilities are Win32 only because they use directx. so no ingame screens as of yet but I will find a way! 😁

I also noticed NOLFB Running, is that what you compiled as Bloodfix, by telling the system to run NOLFB when reading Bloodfix or Does Glidos auto-run the ol' NOLF when it finds it?

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

Attachments

• intro.jpeg
    Filename
    intro.jpeg
    File size
    19.47 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Glidos Menu Moded to Run Redneck...
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • rr glidos cmd inrto2.jpg
    Filename
    rr glidos cmd inrto2.jpg
    File size
    77.48 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Redneck Running in Glidos CMD.
    File license
  • rr glidos cmd inrto1.jpg
    Filename
    rr glidos cmd inrto1.jpg
    File size
    88.76 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Redneck Riunning in Glidos CMD.
    File license
Last edited by Waxxxz018 on 2004-11-07, 00:41. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 7 of 23, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry Фака , 😦 big misunderstanding, but I thought you were getting agro on me for no reason, I just saw the angry face and exclamation as you were pissed at me and were yelling obscenities or something. I apologize, I am Very Sorry! 😀

I want an ingame screenshot bad too. I though Redneck had a screenshot utility built into it but I can't remember.

Do you know any good DOS-Built screenshot programs? Im going to look today as soon as I get off college. Maybe ScourceForge has something.

As soon as I come up with something I will post it here.

What Redneck Rampage do you own? If none, theres a place to get the demo above. Check out the two sites I posted as they are two of the best on the web for Redneck Rampage. They have some great add-on's! The 1st actually has the ol' cuss pack still! Now off to college for me....

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

Update- I found my manual but it doesn't look like Redneck Has an Integrated Screenshot Utility. Bammer! If ya find one or know of one let me know here. Thanks man! 😀

Attachments

• main menu.jpeg
    Filename
    main menu.jpeg
    File size
    88.69 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Starting Up!!!
    File license
  • wandering aimlessly.jpeg
    Filename
    wandering aimlessly.jpeg
    File size
    55.67 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Wandering Redneck.... Yee-Hawww!!!
    File license
Last edited by Waxxxz018 on 2004-11-07, 00:40. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 8 of 23, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This task was a little difficult. 1st off Redneck Rampage does have a screen shot utility, it is mapped to F12, bastards didn't put it in my manual but if you press F1 in the game it will tell you every control. When you do take one the game will freeze up for a sec. or two & you will hear your CPU processing it so don't worry, it's not crashing.

Next problem was it only outputs a .PCX file.Nothing in windows will read a .PCX, even tried to display in IE with no such luck. I do however have Graphics Converter Pro which will read .PCX files but not export them to any other format, bammer!

But... Cut, Copy, & Paste works wonders if you display it in a full window and copy it into paint & make it a .bmp. then resize for web and convert to .jpeg (to save space... 😀 )

So here's 2 screens to start with, I will add a couple more later.

If anyone wants a certian shot in the game, write in & I will make it for ya!
Excluding the intro, it wont take it, Double Bammer!

I have Redneck Rampage, Rides Again, & Suckin' Grits.

Enjoy!

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

Last edited by Waxxxz018 on 2004-11-07, 00:44. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 9 of 23, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Update-Here are some Screens from Route 66 I took while I was playing today. Figured I would post em'! 😀

Enjoy!

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

Attachments

• the haunted house.jpeg
    Filename
    the haunted house.jpeg
    File size
    66.83 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    After you Unlock the roll-up door in the 1st Lvl.
    File license
  • on the run.jpeg
    Filename
    on the run.jpeg
    File size
    75.48 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Going towards the Haunted House...
    File license
  • boobie guns 2.jpeg
    Filename
    boobie guns 2.jpeg
    File size
    66.5 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    In action!!!
    File license
  • boobie guns 1.jpeg
    Filename
    boobie guns 1.jpeg
    File size
    67.1 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Trademark Final Redneck Weapon...
    File license
Last edited by Waxxxz018 on 2004-11-07, 00:49. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 11 of 23, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It Boots to the main screen intro with the UFO's & freeze's.

Something in the Glidos program is helping for sure & I am most positive it's Bloodfix. I have tried to play with it not being activated in Glidos.ini & it wont work at all.

this is whats in the Glidos.bat for reference.

DOSDRV nolfb.com set BUILD_640X480=1 set BUILD_CONVTEXTURES=1 set BUILD_GAMMA=1 set BUILD_RESAMPLE=1 pause Route66.exe […]
Show full quote

DOSDRV
nolfb.com
set BUILD_640X480=1
set BUILD_CONVTEXTURES=1
set BUILD_GAMMA=1
set BUILD_RESAMPLE=1
pause
Route66.exe

It is utilizing NOLFB , as a theroy of mine I thought that was it doing the job but... Nope, you did something right with Glidos! 😁

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

Reply 12 of 23, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Maybe it does have 3dfx support then. Difficult to tell for sure, but it looks a little like you are getting bilinear interpolation, which you'll see only from a 3dfx version of the build engine running under Glidos.

Reply 14 of 23, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

@robertmo:
Glidos is moderator

@Waxxxz018:
Please post only jpegs.

@All
I removed all bmp pictures.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 17 of 23, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
To Qbix - Sorry I will remember that! :oops: :happy: I will convert them to .jpeg, don't know why I didn't! Just being stupid, […]
Show full quote

To Qbix - Sorry I will remember that! 😦 😀
I will convert them to .jpeg, don't know why I didn't! Just being stupid, I guess! 😵
Suckers do take a good amount of space! 😖

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

Update - .jpeg converting done! Pics are Back! […]
Show full quote

Update - .jpeg converting done!

Pics are Back!

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

Reply 18 of 23, by INGA-KX

User metadata

Please, don't spread misinformation. Redneck Rampage does NOT have any 3dfx support and it's never going to.

What you did was a simple "batch" which loads NOLFB and VDMSound as the Redneck Rampage executable launches, no more, no less.

A good way of confirming that nothing's being done here would be launching the game thru the unregistered version of Glidos or removing/changing strings from the ini file someone pointed out upstairs, it mkaes no difference. First off, it doesn't even show the spinning logo and the most obvious, no bilinear interpolation is being applied, therfore, I see no reason to believe that RR "became" 3dfx compliant, get land. I ain't gonna get near to the fact that you can actually launch any game/app via Glidos, I even used it to start MSN Messenger, go figure.

VGAFix is known to be useless for a vast majority of computers out there, including mine. It's supposed to add 800x600 and up resolution support, of course, only if used jointly with NOLFB. If you have troubles getting it working (vgafix), download and use this instead: http://www.volny.cz/martin.sulak/

I GUARANTEE it will work. Once intstalled, a screen will popup asking if you wanna revert the changes, proposal you should absolutely refuse. Then restart windows to save the changes. Btw, it doesn't affect your video peformance in any way other than making it possible to run old DOS stuff in higher resolutions.

Another bullshit myth is the VDMSound trick. You can, indeed, run ANY DOS game with sound in XP/NT as long as there's a decent piece of primitive setup program to mess up with, thus you won't be needing VDMSound, at least not for RR. It's all a matter of configs and versatility of the sound setup programs, as for this game, some proper and very common settings are:

1- FX Sound Card = Sound Blaster
2- Sound Card Type = Sound Blaster or Compatible
3- Number of Voices = whatever suits you the best
4- Mixing Rate = the same above
5- Address = 0x220
6- Interrupt = IRQ5
7- 8-Bit DMA Channel = 1
8- 16-Bit DMA Channel = 5

The sound will be equally screwed up, don't expect this method to be faster or slower than the VDMSound's, because it does the same. Sound will only be faster (not much in medium-end machines though) under a glide wrapper such as Glidos (again, RR will take NO advantage of it), cos almost no CPU cycles would be used for the graphics hence you get more speed for the sound.

Cheers.

Reply 19 of 23, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Calm! Calm! Its an easy mistake to make. I think you're probably right, though. This is why I suggested clicking Glidos.bat without starting the Glidos server.

I'm still a bit confused about why it looks so good. There are a few places where it does look like bilinear interpolation, but I guess it isn't.