VOGONS

Common searches

Blood on W2K and XP

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 22 of 36, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Snover wrote:

Unsupported call logging, warnings and errors.
Initialisation instructions.

Mostly there. Glidos displays unsupported calls in the server window (usually at such a rate that it slows the game down).
Errors are displayed there too. OpenGlide writes errors to the .log file.

Reply 23 of 36, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Anyway, I can probably get this one sorted pretty easily, if I can just get Blood to run under W2K, which (as I keep saying again and again) I'll probably be able to, once some people have done some swapping of working and non-working copies to find out the difference.

Oh, what was that echo? Must have been my voice bouncing around an empty room. 😀

Reply 24 of 36, by Unregistered

User metadata
Glidos wrote:

Anyway, I can probably get this one sorted pretty easily, if I can just get Blood to run under W2K, which (as I keep saying again and again) I'll probably be able to, once some people have done some swapping of working and non-working copies to find out the difference.

Oh, what was that echo? Must have been my voice bouncing around an empty room. 😀

does running nolfb and gldvesa together work on W2K?

Reply 25 of 36, by Unregistered

User metadata

I have another question

Why does my openglid.log keep saying that i have a GeForce2 GTS/AGP when I have a GeForce2 Ti chipset
hers the opengl extensions:

GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_S3_s3tc GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_paletted_texture GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shared_texture_palette GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_vertex_weighting GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_evaluators GL_NV_fence GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_register_combiners GL_NV_texgen_emboss GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_vertex_array_range GL_NV_vertex_array_range2 GL_NV_vertex_program GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_multitexture GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_swap_control

Reply 27 of 36, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Unregistered wrote:

does running nolfb and gldvesa together work on W2K?

They should work together, but it would be surprising if anything useful was achieved by using them together.

1) W2K and XP provide a VESA implementation; it provides no logical frame buffer, but returns information blocks that claim there is a logical frame buffer.

2) gldvesa provides a VESA implementation; it provides no logical frame buffer, but it is honest about this.

3) nolfb, hooks the VESA calls and just alters some info returned to make W2K and XP honest about the lack of a logical frame buffer.

if you go

NOLFB
GLDVESA <prog>

then I don't think the VESA calls will ever get through to NOLFB.

if you go

GLDVESA  <bat file that calls nolfb and then prog>

then nolfb will try and make gldvesa honest about the LFB, but
it already is so there should be no effect.

There are always possibilities that nolfb has a side-effect which is unconnected with VESA. I notice that file-name completion stops working after it is loaded. Who knows what else may be going on.

Are you finding some effect from using the combination?

Reply 28 of 36, by CraigG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok, here it is working in XP.
Not that anybody will take any notice of this, but here goes.

This is my Bloodxp.bat file

set BUILD_640X480=1
set BUILD_CONVTEXTURES=1
set BUILD_GAMMA=1
set BUILD_RESAMPLE=1
nolfb.com
pause
3dfx.exe

Note, you need the pause command.

Also, I used no sound.
To get sound on say an SBLive ! card, you have to choose "Sound Blaster", then choose "Change Sound card Type" and select "Soundblaster 2.0". Then use only 8 or 16 voices and only 22khz.

Attachments

• bloodxp.jpg
    Filename
    bloodxp.jpg
    File size
    27.59 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Athlon 64 3000+ stock
MSI NForce 4 K8N Neo Platinum
2Gb RAM
nVidia Geforce 6800GT stock clocks
SBLive! Platinum + Audigy ZS2 Drivers
WinXP Pro SP2

Reply 29 of 36, by CraigG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

And here is a zip of my PIF for GLidos, and my blood.cfg.

Attachments

• Filename
    blood.zip
    File size
    2.61 KiB
    Downloads
    320 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Athlon 64 3000+ stock
MSI NForce 4 K8N Neo Platinum
2Gb RAM
nVidia Geforce 6800GT stock clocks
SBLive! Platinum + Audigy ZS2 Drivers
WinXP Pro SP2

Reply 31 of 36, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nicht, post an MD5 of your files, without the .cfg and .txt and whatever unecessary files, just the game files and post your checksums. I'll post mine ASAP....which should hopefully be soon.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 32 of 36, by LSD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
CraigG wrote:

Also, I used no sound.
To get sound on say an SBLive ! card, you have to choose "Sound Blaster", then choose "Change Sound card Type" and select "Soundblaster 2.0". Then use only 8 or 16 voices and only 22khz.

That sounds suspiciously like the info needed to access XPs inbuilt SB emulation. VDMSound should work as well, just add "dosdrv" to your bloodxp.bat file making sure to put it after the nolfb line.

Wasurenaide...
...watashi ga iru koto o.
Itsudatte soba ni iru yo.

Gentoo. Because everything else is just shit. 😁
Registered Linux user #319839

Reply 33 of 36, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
CraigG wrote:

Ok, here it is working in XP.

You star. I'll give that a try. Maybe I was wrong about
it being something to do with the blood config then.

BTW, actually had time to look at those CDs you sent. Tried
out Unreal with S3TC... bloody hell! Bit of shame really: I was going to play the whole thing through using OpenGLide, but now
I think maybe I'm going to forget about doing that. Those textures must be at least twice the resolution.

Reply 35 of 36, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DosFreak wrote:

Nicht, post an MD5 of your files, without the .cfg and .txt and whatever unecessary files, just the game files and post your checksums. I'll post mine ASAP....which should hopefully be soon.

That's a smart idea. Might tell us a lot without much data transfer... but why is .cfg unnecessary?

Reply 36 of 36, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Glidos wrote:

You star. I'll give that a try. Maybe I was wrong about
it being something to do with the blood config then.

Bum: still doesn't work. I tried your blood.bat and the stuff you
zipped up.

I wonder if I'm getting a different problem to everybody else. Blood starts okay for me, but I get the background of the menu with no menu on it. Then if I press <ENTER> enough times I get the Wait screen, and then crash.

It also works only if I delete ant .dem files. If I leave the .dem files in the Blood folder, then I get an error message about trouble reading the demo file headers.

Is this what other people are seeing under W2K?

Hmmm, I haven't tried XP yet.