take minutes over some menu screens.

Cheers,
Paul.

Reply 3 of 9, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Paul, in TR I've noticed that the MP3s still overlap the cutscenes. Also, there's an inconsistency between the MP3 and Redbook options: I think MP3 playback should be automatically disabled if Redbook is set to No (right now, MP3 files just play along with the CD tracks).

Reply 5 of 9, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

By cutscene, I mean FMV 😀

The overlapping audio issue in FMVs happens when you set both MP3 and Redbook options to Yes -- in which case, SAPU should be irrelevant. No? What I mean by overlapping is that (for example), when MP3 is set to Yes, the title theme still plays when the Vilcabamba or Mansion FMV starts.

Reply 6 of 9, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No. "Mp3BackgroundSounds: Yes", plus the presence of an Audio folder enables the Mp3 stuff and also disables Glidos's Redbook support (so that you don't get overlapping audio). But Glidos can't stop TR1 trying to use Redbook, so if you are on W98 or you have SAPU then the redbook still runs.

Reply 7 of 9, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Paul, there's something I don't get at all. In the case I described above, the title music is playing over the FMV... and the FMV is read from the CD data track, not from the hard drive -- which means only one thing: the FMV is overlapped by the MP3, not by the Redbook track!

By Redbook, we both mean the physical device right? Unless MP3 support is handled by Glidos as if it was Redbook, and Glidos considers that MP3 is actually handled by the SAPU driver? Oh my head, it's full of stars... 😵

Reply 8 of 9, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think we are confusing each other by what we mean bey overlap. There are two overlap problems.

1) You can get an echo which is background music played both from CD and MP3 (the mp3s ususally start quicker than the CD so you get one playing slightly behind the other). Glidos tries to avoid this, by turning off its redbook support when its using mp3s, but if you have SAPU loaded or if you are running under W98 then TR1 can play the CD without Glidos's help.
In that case, your only choice is to set Mp3BackgroundSounds to No.

2) The MP3s don't stop when you go from menu to FMV. That's a bug.