Steam TR1 with Glidos

Topic actions

First post, by sexyjw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

Long time Glidos user here!

I've recently reinstalled Steam TR1 onto my new laptop - though I do have the original TR1 CDs anyway. I have also connected by PS4 controller, and had planned to run some kind of custom configuration of the controller in order to play TR1. However, I could not get DS4Windows to detect the controller. It seems that Steam has captured the controller somehow, and is using it's own keyboard emulation.

Is there a way that I can force the Steam GUI to load the Glidos TR1, but still retain Steam's controller override - which does work. Or is there another way around this?

Thanks

John

Cheers

JW

Reply 1 of 2, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sexyjw wrote on 2020-07-27, 00:00:
Hi all, […]
Show full quote

Hi all,

Long time Glidos user here!

I've recently reinstalled Steam TR1 onto my new laptop - though I do have the original TR1 CDs anyway. I have also connected by PS4 controller, and had planned to run some kind of custom configuration of the controller in order to play TR1. However, I could not get DS4Windows to detect the controller. It seems that Steam has captured the controller somehow, and is using it's own keyboard emulation.

Is there a way that I can force the Steam GUI to load the Glidos TR1, but still retain Steam's controller override - which does work. Or is there another way around this?

Thanks

John

Not an expert on Steam, but can't you run TR1 without the Steam client running ? I would have imagined that something as old as TR1 would not rely on Steam to run . https://steam.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games

Reply 2 of 2, by sexyjw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks Darry. In the end, I stopped Steam from starting up automatically, and found a maintained version of DS4Windows on Github. The one I had downloaded had been abandoned in 2016.

That's now working...in fact everything seems fine - apart from getting the Audio pack going (although the controller only seems to work wired, not via Bluetooth). I'll have a look through some old threads and start a new post if necessary re: the audio pack.

Cheers

JW

Cheers

JW