VOGONS

Common searches

No Sound w/ Redbaron 2 3d superpatch

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by US94_Maj. Messiah

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

S!
I tried to reinstall redbaron 3d, today after about a year of not playing it(since i upgraded to a better cpu and video card)
The installation went off without a hitch as well as installing the 3d superpatch(i have the first version of redbaron 2)
The promised land graphical enhancements, and Flyberts mmp paint schemes.....
I went ahead a created a pilot for campaign play, and went up..
MY GOD MAN!!!! this game is ugly without glide, unplayable as far as im concerned....
So i talked to a couple of my squadron mates and they told me about the glide wrap....
i went to this website and downloaded the openglide_v007b4
zip... And went ahead and installed it it the main directory of redbaron 2........ And went up for a mission, the graphics are back to being as pretty as i remembered them and the glide transparent cockpit is also working properly, but i dont have any sound. None whatso ever. Checked in prefrences and everything seems to be right..........
So i totally uninstalled RB, then reinstalled one thing at a time, checking the sound out after every install untill the two glide files. and the sound went out again...
If anyone else out there has experianced this and has come across with a fix, please reply. and i'll be forever in your debt
Thanks...

Maj. Dark Messiah
94th AeroSquad
Flanders

Reply 1 of 1, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This is an XP issue with RB - it has nothing to do with using the OpenGLide wrapper or the superpatch. Close RB, go to your RB folder and delete RBPREFS.DAT. Then, open RB and set all your favourite preferences but don't fly, and don't close RB. Press Alt-Tab to get back to the desktop without closing RB, go to your RB folder, right-click on RBPREFS.DAT (Red Baron will have re-created it), go to Preferences and set it to read-only. You should now get sound without a problem - but you won't be able to change your preferences without deleting it and repeating this procedure.

(For some reason, RB is upset by USB joysticks when running XP. It detects a non-existent conflict with your sound card and disables the sound for you; making the RBPREFS.DAT read-only stops RB from doing this.)

Thanks to Rob for this information.
Closing thread: DUPE.

Yes, it’s my fault.