Common searches

Paying $10 for Glidos

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 34, by Tyranix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
I've got Glidos working well for Tomb Raider and find no problem with paying a ONE OFF payment for Glidos. I really don't understand how the unlock feature works, if I upgrade my system or reinstall my operating system do I loose the full version of Glidos? And if glidos version 1.3 is say upgraded to 1.4 I have to pay again???

Probably for me the bit I don't like the most (if this is correct) is the fact that u have to get ANOTHER unlock code if you upgrade your computer?!

By the way 10 pounds is a shocking amout of money over here (Australia) infact it equals $25.40 AUD. Thats over 5 times the amount I paid for Tomb Raider and Unfinished Business...

Even with that said. I would still be prepared to pay for the full unlock. I just don't like all this re-paying business for newer versions or changes to my computer. Surely a one time payment from each person that wants full Glidos is enough?

Thanks for making an excellent program.

😐

Reply 21 of 34, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Are you on steroids, dude 😕

You pay only once for Glidos. The unlock feature is free when you need to get a new key because you changed a piece of vital hardware; that's because your key is specific to your system and cannot work on any other config but yours. In more than two years after registering, I had to ask Paul for a new key only once -- as a matter of fact, that's when I changed my computer about one month ago.

Anyway, all you need to do is heading for Glidos website and click on the Unlock Service option 😉

Reply 22 of 34, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

And....

Number of copies of TR1 sold x price of TR1 = shockingly large amount of money.

Number of copies of Glidos sold x price of Glidos = shockingly disappointingly fecking tiny amount of money.

Except for things like Gldios, I do this stuff for a living, and if a company approched me to write something like Glidos, and offered me the amount I've gotten from sales, I'd tell them to come back when they wanted to make a serious offer.

Reply 23 of 34, by Tyranix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You pay only once for Glidos. The unlock feature is free when you need to get a new key because you changed a piece of vital hardware; that's because your key is specific to your system and cannot work on any other config but yours.

This is what i suspected, but it was never made CLEAR anywhere, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered writing the post. Hardly think that makes me sound like i'm on sterioids either...

If this is the case then I'll be happy to purchase glidos, I just didn't want to update say my RAM, have the glidos program tell me I'm using a different system and then have to re pay. If I can just email paul for a new unlock code in that kind of situation thats great.

Does the once off payment include updated versions of glidos, didn't find the answer to that one.

Thanks for the quick replys
😀

Reply 25 of 34, by Guest

User metadata

I really don't understand why anyone would complain about $10. At the current exchange rate, that's about £5 -- where I live you can't even buy two beers for that. Consider how much enjoyment one gets from being able to regulalrly play TR and all those other games on your modern PC offset against the fleeting enjoyment one gets from nearly two beers. No comparison as far as I'm concerned. When I'm a bit more flush, I will gladly pay extra to keep Glidos alive, especially to get the new features I requested... 😉

Reply 27 of 34, by RoNsTaR

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

tbh, I think 10 bucks are no big deal to discuss about..., the program works fine for the games I intended to run (Blood and TR) and even enhances them, not only with full 3dfx support, but also with better textures or/and music, for me the 10 bucks were a very worthy investment for getting Caleb blast again.

Reply 29 of 34, by Artie150

User metadata

Paul- I paid $10.00 for Glidos last year sometime and am glad I did just for the fact that you are constantly upgrading your program through suggestions and comments made by users such as myself. Not to mention the fact that this is really not your "job" but seems to be something you really enjoy doing.
Again thanks Paul for your constant attention to Glidos.

Reply 30 of 34, by Me Clumsy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When I first read about Glidos I was in the same train of thought - should I pay US$ 10 to run Tomb Raider well on a new system? So I didn't. Later on I bought Redguard and thought - oh, I could get two games running and use Glidos and still pay only US$ 10. But I didn't.

Then I ordered a pizza that costed US$ 13 and I thought - holy cow, this pizza costs more than Glidos, and it will become human waste within the next hours - so I bought Glidos right away, a couple of days ago. The amount of effort and dedication required to update and keep it running is worth much more than US$ 10.

As for the pizza, it was delicious, but it is gone, whereas Glidos is happily on my system.

Reply 34 of 34, by SYS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

...a voice from the darkness.....

Ooops, double post, but it won't happen again... 😜

Hi Paul, again! Thanks for the reply, but now check it again, because I've sent You two replies... 😀

I also need Your email-address, because it's much easier to communicate via e-mail, instead of PMs...

Thanks!

SYS "Still alive Ms Croft. You are resilient."