VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by bloom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After i enjoyed Tomb Raider on xp with Glidos (thanks to the great and tolerant Paul Gardiner) i get this problem with Unfinished Business.I downloaded the 3Dfx files from eidos ,Glidos started ,i tryed F4,F3,fullscreen,window,new setting for OpenGL drivers but Lara stayed on the top-left side of display with large dark squares...and in the darkness crocos eat heartily poor aristocratic raider 🙁 (see attachments please)
My computer is Asus lk8420 notebook with Ati Radeon m6 graphic card.
Apart from little problems with savegame option, Tomb Raider runned flawlessly with Glidos.
Anyway Glidos server is marvellous because generally the notebooks have a native 1024x768 resolution and without Glidos no playable Tomb Raider 😉
Scuse me for heavy attachment and thanks in advance.

Piero

Reply 3 of 6, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, TR and UB can do that. What is strange is that you are seeing this with just UB and not with TR aswell. Two questions:

1) Are you using the Glidos "Start game" button to start UB, or have you for some reason had to give up on that and just double-click the Tomb.exe file.

2) If you look at your Glidos.ini file in the Glidos folder, are the settings for TR and UB the same (particularly the ones for DosGraphics and VesaSupport)?

And the third of the two questions, what graphics card and driver version?

Reply 4 of 6, by bloom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Newly thanks for your high knowledge and kindness.
I erased from Glidos.ini "CDCheckFile: data\End2.phd" and..."VESASupport: Yes" too.Me stupid.
Now U.B. runs very well (also in fullscreen mode).
Anyway this is my simple notebook Asus,this is Eidos,but overall this is Paul Gardiner..... (--->attachment)

Piero

Attachments

• tombub_glidos12.png
    Filename
    tombub_glidos12.png
    File size
    535.39 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 5 of 6, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ah great! And so VESASupport was important for you. That's interesting: I haven't had many reports of it being necessary. I put it in originally because of problems that I heard people with GF2MX cards were having.

Reply 6 of 6, by Unregistered

User metadata

Hi all ! About VESA support. I read this thread because I had
a different behaviour with Unfinished business than TR (I did
not check Glidos.ini silly me). Basically, despite I was asking
everything to be windowed I had the starting movie (Eidos/Core)
in full screen. Enabling VESA support I got this in a window.
Therefore, I find the VESA support QUITE useful to manage that
fullscreen/window thingy. Just to thank you for this !

(For the records I have a GF4Ti4200)

Stephane