VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've just released a new version of Glidos. At last, the logo, and requirement for an unlocking account is gone. Also released the source code on gitlab, and lastly, provided a more standard installer via Inno Setup.

Reply 5 of 9, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
tobiasrieper wrote on 2023-09-05, 09:45:

Is it compatible with win98se?
I've never managed to get glidos working properly even the older releases.

It's been a long time since I've been able to test with Win98se. What happens when you try?

One thing to consider: I'd recomment choosing "Windows" for DOS emulation unsder the "DOS" tab.

Reply 6 of 9, by Lux_Veritatis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I donated to you just now by buying 2 Glidos licences via Paypal to thank you for all you've done.

Back in 2004 I bought my 1st Glidos license (was that really almost 20 years ago‽!) — and was completely floored by how Glidos transformed the mess of pixels on a PC to smooth, quality graphics.

Then, 13 years ago you helped me with an audio issue on XP - and it blew me away that you responded so quickly to help a stranger with such a weird, unprecendented issue.

P.S. Is there a way to buy licenses in bulk? Your PayPal was set up to only allow 1 purchase at a time, and since I bought 2 back-to-back just now, I didn't want my account to be flagged for "suspicious activity."

Just asking because I've been meaning to do this for a looooooong time. I've gotten so much from that 1 license fee over the years... and it was always in the back of my mind to do more to show you how much I appreciated all you've done for me and for countless others. Thank you for everything!

Reply 7 of 9, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Lux_Veritatis wrote on 2023-12-31, 00:23:
I donated to you just now by buying 2 Glidos licences via Paypal to thank you for all you've done. […]
Show full quote

I donated to you just now by buying 2 Glidos licences via Paypal to thank you for all you've done.

Back in 2004 I bought my 1st Glidos license (was that really almost 20 years ago‽!) — and was completely floored by how Glidos transformed the mess of pixels on a PC to smooth, quality graphics.

Then, 13 years ago you helped me with an audio issue on XP - and it blew me away that you responded so quickly to help a stranger with such a weird, unprecendented issue.

P.S. Is there a way to buy licenses in bulk? Your PayPal was set up to only allow 1 purchase at a time, and since I bought 2 back-to-back just now, I didn't want my account to be flagged for "suspicious activity."

Just asking because I've been meaning to do this for a looooooong time. I've gotten so much from that 1 license fee over the years... and it was always in the back of my mind to do more to show you how much I appreciated all you've done for me and for countless others. Thank you for everything!

Thank you so much for your very kind support. It means a lot to me to hear how Glidos has worked well for you, and I'm glad I was able to help you with that audio issue. I shall put your domation to good use. This reminds me that I should take down the unlock service and add a donate button.

Reply 8 of 9, by Lux_Veritatis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Glidos wrote on 2023-12-31, 10:06:

Thank you so much for your very kind support.

Just wanted you to know that I did it again just now— (sent 2 more donations via license purchases). I had a certain amount in mind that I wanted to donate the last time, but thought it might be best to spread those payments out lest PayPal flag my account. They flagged me anyway, 🤪  but I kept calling support and eventually made it to the other side, haha.

Thank you for your gracious reply. Really, all thanks goes to you for your wonderful work and tireless support to all of us TR fans. We wanted classic TR to be at least a bit better on PC, but you went many steps above and made it great.

...that audio issue.

Btw, I never did find the culprit responsible for that audio weirdness on XP. 😅 A few years after that, I splurged on a beast of a machine (without pre-installed garbage) and never saw that issue again.

This reminds me that I should take down the unlock service and add a donate button.

A donate button would be awesome! In the meantime, I'm glad that you didn't take the old one down without putting up an alternate way to donate. It's nice that we still have a way to send you some ducats to express our appreciation. :)

Reply 9 of 9, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thank you so much, yet again!!! I saw the payments, but didn't immediately recognise it was you, and so worried it might be a mistake and I should try to return the payments. That's really very generous and very much appreciated.

As it happens, I'm just considering splurging on a beast. It's great, isn't it?! Especially the first few weeks, spent revisiting games that struggled on your old system and maxing out the graphics.