VOGONS

PCEm. Another PC emulator.

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 701 of 1046, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What about the documentation? Could you update the readme to reflect the changes in filenames?

Also, what about an option to disable XTIDE ROM? If that ROM is present, any PC have it enabled by default. There is no way to switch between a PC1512 with HDD and a Sinclair PC200 without (OK, maybe the XTIDE won't detect a disk but it stills shows when booting).

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 705 of 1046, by ppgrainbow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:

Thank you so much! 😀 I'm trying it out now.

The only problem is that when I try to run DesqView/X (type dvx at the command prompt), PCem v9 hard reboots itself all of a sudden! This was not a issue in PCem v8.1 and later revisions that I tested out. And this was also not a issue when I ran DesqView/X under VMware Player.

I sure hope that there is a fix to this issue in PCem v9.1. I'm also hoping that preliminary networking support is officially included in PCem v10! 😀

Update: Okay, I have a problem with getting the network to work in PCem. Using the Win486 BIOS, I loaded the ISA version of the NE2000 packet driver and DOS successfully detected the network driver (Address 0x300 and the IRQ set to 10). I installed the Arachne web browser, configured all of the settings (including network driver detection) and Arachne fails to connect to the internet with these settings.

This occurs with both the BOOT/DHCP and manual settings. Also, when I exit the Arachne, all of the directories on drive C are gone! I end up stuck on the directory where Arachne is installed until I hard reset. 🙁

If you don't understand what I did wrong, please let me know.

Reply 706 of 1046, by SA1988

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

you have to select the host interface from the pcem.cfg file, parameter "netinterface" does that, for the number of interfaces attached to your computer, use niclist from Bochs and then put the number of the interface associated to it in netinterface on the pcem.cfg file:
e.g.: mine is "netinterface = 3" and the 3 equals to an Intel connection.

Reply 711 of 1046, by ppgrainbow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SA1988 wrote:

you have to select the host interface from the pcem.cfg file, parameter "netinterface" does that, for the number of interfaces attached to your computer, use niclist from Bochs and then put the number of the interface associated to it in netinterface on the pcem.cfg file:
e.g.: mine is "netinterface = 3" and the 3 equals to an Intel connection.

Thank you very much for the help! 😀

Reply 713 of 1046, by minigig

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As anybody see a FPU emulation for the 286 or less? As a hobby I am writing code that takes advantage of a 287xl math-co (really a 387). I bet it is low on the agenda since so little takes advantage of math-co processors before the 386 and really before the 486.

Reply 717 of 1046, by Yamato

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SarahWalker wrote:

Which version of NT, and which 486? Can you provide a screenshot of the error?

Oh sorry, wasn't specific. Windows NT 3.1 with all 486 CPUs. Yes, i can provide a screenshot, coming soon.

Attachments

• Filename
    winnt.jpg
    File size
    76.8 KiB
    Downloads
    No downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception