DScaler 4.2.3a

Schedules and announcements about program releases.

Re: DScaler 4.2.3a

Postby elianda » 2019-8-12 @ 19:15

redfox you are the first asking for the source.
I have uploaded it to: ftp://retronn.de/dscaler_fixed/DScaler423a_src.zip

I have just packed together my dev folder, so no fancy cleanup of the code.

It might be a good idea to put it e.g. on github if you also work on it?
As for new files: The filter in plugins called OldGame2 is new.
Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool
elianda
l33t

Postby Falcosoft » 2019-8-13 @ 18:36

redfox wrote:...

I need to do more modifications, since DSC does not recognize current hardware audio mixer lines.
As a result, it is unable to disable the line-in playback automatically, ...

If your are using a Vista+ Windows OS (7/8/10) you will not fix this problem easily since this is not a problem of Dscaler but the OS. The last Windows OS that exposed the real hardware audio mixer lines through the Win32 mixer API was WinXP. So a more easy fix is to use Dscaler in WinXP compatibility mode or use HardwareAudioMixer compatibility shim. More info:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36870&start=80#p643220
Falcosoft
Oldbie

Postby redfox » 2019-8-13 @ 21:35

Falcosoft: Thanks a lot for the hint! Setting DSC to WinXP compatibility mode really helped and allowed to use individual mixer lines again.

elianda: Please, could you add an option to disable deinterlacing completely? I think it would be an interesting option for progressive video sources.
redfox

Postby elianda » 2019-8-14 @ 10:29

redfox: You mean the current option as described in my changelog does not work on your side?

DScaler is mainly a tool for interlaced sources, so progressive support was broken on various places in the code. DScaler always defaulted to interlaced.
Now since progressive is working again, the question was to what should DScaler default on startup?
Luckily DShow sources tell it and for the natively supported cards are all interlaced sources (BT878, Philips).

So quoting myself from the first post:
DirectShow Sources that do not give information if they are interlaced or not can now set manually to Frame or Field mode (go to to DShow/Filter Properties/Open the branch of DScaler video renderer/Input/Force Field/Frame Input). When changing to Field mode the Deinterlace mode will also switch from Progressive to the last set Deinterlace mode.

So if your DSHow source reports nothing or wrongly, you can change/overwrite it there.
Field mode -> interlaced, deinterlace filter list available
Frame mode -> progressive, progressive filter list available, which is currently just one entry "progressive"

In the screenshot in viewtopic.php?f=24&t=52927#p775170 you can see that the Epiphan VGA2PCI defaults correctly to progressive. And you can see the other branch in the DShow filters with DScalers input filter. If you select that the dialog with the frame/field selection comes up.

Is that what you are looking for?
Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
elianda
l33t

Postby redfox » 2019-8-14 @ 18:44

I use the ATI TV Wonder PCI card from 1999 (720x576), which does not support DirectShow, but works with rhe Dscaler driver (BT 878 card).
Currently, I use it for video playback of the Czech DVB-T2 via composite input, which should be progressive (not interlaced). The only deinterlace filters who display the composite video smoothly without stuttering are 2:2 Pulldown (Odd/Even), or Odd/Even scanlines only .. but these ones have problems on fast motion scenes. I would be interested to see, how smooth the playback would be if no deinterlacing could be applied in Dscaler.
redfox

Postby elianda » 2019-8-14 @ 19:46

Though the BT878 always captures interlaced. If you have a progressive source then all even frames are put to the even lines and off frames to odd lines. One buffer from the BT878 card contains then two frames.
What are you probably looking for is the Oldgame or Oldgame2 deinterlacer which basically splits the fields to progressive frames again (with doubled frame rate).
(In OBS-Studio the same deinterlacing method is called "retro").
Youtube Channel
elianda
l33t

Postby redfox » 2019-8-17 @ 13:53

Elianda, what PCI-E capture cards with dvi/hdmi input and at least 720p resolution would you recommend for Dscaler?
I'd like something better that my old ATI TV Wonder, with DShow and Windosw 7 64 bit support... I have been searching on eBay, but nothing convinced me, the few models I found are either Chinese nonames or too expensive ones...
Thanks.
redfox

Postby elianda » 2019-8-19 @ 14:44

I use an Epiphan VGA2PCIe and a DVI2PCIe as DirectShow device with DScaler.

Other recommendations for specific applications are discussed in the VGA Capture thread: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=26661
Youtube Channel
elianda
l33t

Previous

Return to Release Announcements