VOGONS

Reply 1620 of 1780, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you I understanded ) before I thought that this is a mistake routing of MIDI parts )

And if return a little bit back is it planned integrate sysex F0 66 7E 02 F7 as reset MUNT dual synth MT-32 in WinMM Multi Port VSTi ?

Reply 1621 of 1780, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roland User wrote on 2024-01-09, 08:51:

Thank you I understanded ) before I thought that this is a mistake routing of MIDI parts )

And if return a little bit back is it planned integrate sysex F0 66 7E 02 F7 as reset MUNT dual synth MT-32 in WinMM Multi Port VSTi ?

No. I will not add this since no one else would know besides you what the hell it is for. Use your reset.mid file.
Bye.

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 1622 of 1780, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
appiah4 wrote on 2024-01-09, 07:52:

@Falcosoft I truly appreciate your patience and dedication to what I can only assume is a hobby time development project.. Thank you. Cheers.

Thanks 😀

Reply 1623 of 1780, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you ) these days I more learned about MIDI here , but I yet think what MUNT VSTi need fix at least display messages replace from 17 to disable , so will be clearer for users ) because if user see 17 and user not known what this means , user will be think what this error in MUNT VSTi

Reply 1624 of 1780, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roland User wrote on 2024-01-09, 10:11:

Thank you ) these days I more learned about MIDI here , but I yet think what MUNT VSTi need fix at least display messages replace from 17 to disable , so will be clearer for users ) because if user see 17 and user not known what this means , user will be think what this error in MUNT VSTi

On Munt VSTi's interface you see a part's real channel assignment (that is always an integer and in this case 17 is the real value).
The grayed status shows what this really means: that is the given part is disabled.
BTW, any parts can be assigned to any channels not just 2-10, or 1-8;10 configuartions are possible.

Last edited by Falcosoft on 2024-01-09, 10:26. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1626 of 1780, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roland User wrote on 2024-01-09, 10:26:

That is synth can shows any value for example 24 or 28 , but this status will be gray and this means what this part disable ? I right understand ?

No, you can see the possible values on the above attached picture from MT-32's documentation.
Re: Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi

Reply 1627 of 1780, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This clear , but values show in MUNT not correspond ranges from image , or you want sayd possible situation with show values from table and still disable parts ? If I right understand you )

Reply 1628 of 1780, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roland User wrote on 2024-01-09, 10:36:

This clear , but values show in MUNT not correspond ranges from image , or you want sayd possible situation with show values from table and still disable parts ? If I right understand you )

It corresponds perfectly but the convention is that channels are numbered in real life from 1 and not from 0. That is channel 0 is called in real life channel 1, channel 1 is called channel 2 and so on.
That is the typical channel assignment of 2-10 and 1-8;10 in Midi internal terms is represented as 1-9 and 0-7;9.

@Edit:
E.g. the following is a perfectly valid configuration that shows how Parts 1-7 are assigned to Channels 9; 11- 16 and Parts 8-9 to Channel 17 (and thus disabled).

mt32_parts2.png
Filename
mt32_parts2.png
File size
25.68 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
Last edited by Falcosoft on 2024-01-09, 12:42. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 1630 of 1780, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roland User wrote on 2024-01-09, 11:52:

Exactly this and not clear ) why selected for disable as was be value17 , not easy disabled ) , and possible situation with value for example 20 for as disable ?

You cannot set channel to 20 since 20 is not a valid value and Munt/MT32 could not interpret it.
But 17 is a valid value that means the channel is disabled.
To be honest I'm rather bored of this conversation so let's just finish this...

Reply 1631 of 1780, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Falcosoft wrote on 2024-01-09, 12:42:

But 17 is a valid value that means the channel is disabled.

That's why I offered replace 17 to disabled ) , but do this or not , solved you )

But first I had tried understanding , maybe channel values excellent from 17 or value 17 this is disable , when I understanded what value 17 this always disable and can appointed any channel and this channel be show as 17 , I understandin what need replace value from 17 to disabling for more clear. But this only wish not a requirement )

By the way absent , muted or disabled channels can mark as "--" what be mean absent )

Reply 1632 of 1780, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roland User wrote on 2024-01-09, 13:07:

By the way absent , muted or disabled channels can mark as "--" what be mean absent )

What else does the current "grayed" state mean to you that you cannot identify it as disabled? Even the official name of grayed state of controls/labels in Windows is "Disabled"...
It's a rhetorical question. Please, do not answer.

Reply 1633 of 1780, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Zoltan ) I sometimes not understand as one and same man can so force not want see cause on which I beg do so and not otherwise ) this real ridiculously weird ) you sayd here : Re: Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi

Hi, Thanks for your report. This is an interesting XG Midi file. It uses bulk part dump SysEx messages to set Patches and other […]
Show full quote

Hi,
Thanks for your report.
This is an interesting XG Midi file. It uses bulk part dump SysEx messages to set Patches and other parameters (that is why you see a red XG sign on FSMP's interface). And FSMP tries to find out what patches the SysEx dumps contain. But despite the fact that the Midi file only uses 7 channels its SysEx messages addresses 32 parts/channels. I have never met an XG Midi file that addresses parts 17-32 with SysEx messages so the detection was only prepared for 16 parts/channels.
The messages for parts 17-32 are meaningless for this file but they were enough to make FSMP clueless. Here is a fix that simply ignores these messages.

but when we say about MUNT and I offer you do clearer designation method muted or disabled channel , not use value 17 in range , you for some reason refuse my request ) this realy funny )

I think you good man and simply not in a mood )

Reply 1634 of 1780, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roland User wrote on 2024-01-09, 19:16:
Zoltan ) I sometimes not understand as one and same man can so force not want see cause on which I beg do so and not otherwise ) […]
Show full quote

Zoltan ) I sometimes not understand as one and same man can so force not want see cause on which I beg do so and not otherwise ) this real ridiculously weird ) you sayd here : Re: Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi

Hi, Thanks for your report. This is an interesting XG Midi file. It uses bulk part dump SysEx messages to set Patches and other […]
Show full quote

Hi,
Thanks for your report.
This is an interesting XG Midi file. It uses bulk part dump SysEx messages to set Patches and other parameters (that is why you see a red XG sign on FSMP's interface). And FSMP tries to find out what patches the SysEx dumps contain. But despite the fact that the Midi file only uses 7 channels its SysEx messages addresses 32 parts/channels. I have never met an XG Midi file that addresses parts 17-32 with SysEx messages so the detection was only prepared for 16 parts/channels.
The messages for parts 17-32 are meaningless for this file but they were enough to make FSMP clueless. Here is a fix that simply ignores these messages.

but when we say about MUNT and I offer you do clearer designation method muted or disabled channel , not use value 17 in range , you for some reason refuse my request ) this realy funny )

I think you good man and simply not in a mood )

I will fix all your reported real bugs in the future as well, I can promise this. But I'm not willing to serve your somewhat irrational aesthetic preferences (which, by the way would take away from me hours of free time).
Do not force me to block you.

@Edit:
Seemingly you simply have no senses to feel where is the limit and you are pushing your demand over the limit. Remember this:
Re: Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player
and this:
Re: Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player

Last edited by Falcosoft on 2024-01-09, 19:46. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1635 of 1780, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I not said what you owes me something , I simply report what in other your project have some also strange designation with strange behavior application ) this not means what fix need do immediately ) you free man and can fix anything when you comfortably ) but you need know about bugs )

If my report your offended , I'm sorry , I this not wanted , I only informed what detect and for me this it looked strange , but I'm sorry if my report your offended. I true not wanted this.

And I must say what I talked with people in 2017 , this was be very wildly I and now something is ashamed for from since those times I was be rude with people then , and so as I beg later and so as I beg now this not same , now I understand what people living as want and execute my begs or reports when time appears or wish , please do not consider me as savage from the past

Reply 1636 of 1780, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OK. Let's make a deal. If you report something let ME decide if it's a bug or not. If I think it needs to be fixed I will fix it anyway.
But if I think it's not worth the effort (because it's not a bug, it would require too much time, anything else) you should simply accept it.
Just because these are my projects and it's my free time.
If you forcefully repeat your demands 2 times, 3 times, x times then you will not get closer to your aims (I think this is generally true in life...)

Reply 1637 of 1780, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Good ) I agree , I was be persistent only because thinked what error in FSMP and error in MUNT judging by your answer , have the same nature , that's why , I many times writed and offered do difference in muted / absent channel and report about same channel as will be with error in FSMP )
I did not know as replacement valuye 17 on any other for example simple "--" and this will be hard and will make you do more work. I thinkeding what in program code easy replace 17 on -- and all and recompile, but I errorng )
By the way , and BASSMIDI and MUNT VSTi and WinMM MultiPort VSTi I active usage everyday ) not all at the same time , but yet )

Reply 1638 of 1780, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Today I to saw it in one video what Roland MT-32 with channel map 1-8 have offseting drum channel from 10 to 9 chanel , this is true ? If yes , why so this happens ?
Previously I thinked what shift only melodyc channel and drum channel always on 10 channel )

Reply 1639 of 1780, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roland User wrote on 2024-01-10, 11:22:

Today I to saw it in one video what Roland MT-32 with channel map 1-8 have offseting drum channel from 10 to 9 chanel , this is true ? If yes , why so this happens ?
Previously I thinked what shift only melodyc channel and drum channel always on 10 channel )

No, the drum part can be assigned to any channels not just channel 10.
Even Munt VSTi in GM mode supports a 2nd GS/XG style drum channel on the 2nd synth (so drums can be assigned to Ch 9, 11-16 also)
So yes, drums on channel 9 is possible. But I do not know why that config you saw was set this way...

Here is the SysEx that sets drums to channel 9.
F0 41 10 16 12 7F 01 F7 F0 41 10 16 12 10 00 0D 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 3F F7

DrumsOnCh9.png
Filename
DrumsOnCh9.png
File size
24.92 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

And here is an example GS Midi file that works with Munt VSTi in GM mode and uses 2 drum channels (the 2nd drum channel is on channel 11).

Filename
Tankcsapda - Mennyország tourist.zip
File size
20.74 KiB
Downloads
17 downloads
File license
Public domain
DrumsOnCh11.png
Filename
DrumsOnCh11.png
File size